Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Rapes in 2009 as well

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Yeah I just don't understand why they didn't do it the same as the English system.
    They wanted it to mirror the current Australian system as closely as possible

Got promoted in FC for the second time with Glamorgan, just started the 2016 season.
    Promotion last year game mainly off the back of Adil Rashid who finished with 102 wickets @ 19.8 in only 14 matches. Ian Mutch still carried on picking up wickets, as did James Harris.
    The only games I lost were when Harris and Rashid got called up for England, I coped when Harris got called up earlier in the year but losing the pair of them was too much for my prank backup bowlers to handle.
    Jamie Dalrymple has finally called it a day, not that he contributed much outside of my first 3 seasons. Just when somebody needed a rest really.

Finished my first day in Division 1 330/0, Andrew Gale 152* on his debut for the club, Gareth Rees 144* being as gun as ever.
    Won the 50 over cup last year as well.

High hopes this year, have one of the strongest XIs in the Division despite being newly promoted. Couldn't afford an overseas but that's not a problem as I've not had one for the last 2 seasons and the last one I did have was Dan Cullen who was absolutely ****.

Have to wonder if this guy did something to deeply offend one of the selectors.

Best FC average in the world in my game, and he hasn't been in the England squad for two years. They're persisting with the rather aged Vaughan, Trescothick and Key instead. Bizarre stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Have to wonder if this guy did something to deeply offend one of the selectors.

Best FC average in the world in my game, and he hasn't been in the England squad for two years. They're persisting with the rather aged Vaughan, Trescothick and Key instead. Bizarre stuff.
    Haha, that's actually really realistic. Crap one day player and good FC player gets picked in one day cricket and looks absolutely gash, gets dropped from both forms despite doing okay in two Tests. Continues to plunder runs in First Class cricket but it's not televised so there's no big push while he continues to look average in one day games and never gets a recall.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    The aggression settings in this game are a ****ing joke. ODI matches, often have batsmen settled in batting on 5 bars (aggressive) but are striking at a rate of 60-70, so up the aggression bar 1 notch and suddenly they start playing and missing then get out. ****ing sick of getting to the 30 over mark being 2-120 or so then trying to score quickly and pretty much always lose the following batsmen quickly and we finish up all out 180-200. If I try and bat aggressively in the earlier overs I often lose wickets quickly and be 5-60 at after ten.

Same goes for Tests sometimes too. Will start batsmen out on v.defensive but once they're settled and I try putting them on 2 or 3 bars and they get out almost straight away. Deadset ****ing bull****.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

In Tests I go one bar from the start to two when they are fully settled to 3 when the reach a number of runs where I feel they're settled. Between 70-100 usually.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    The aggression settings in this game are a ****ing joke. ODI matches, often have batsmen settled in batting on 5 bars (aggressive) but are striking at a rate of 60-70, so up the aggression bar 1 notch and suddenly they start playing and missing then get out. ****ing sick of getting to the 30 over mark being 2-120 or so then trying to score quickly and pretty much always lose the following batsmen quickly and we finish up all out 180-200. If I try and bat aggressively in the earlier overs I often lose wickets quickly and be 5-60 at after ten.

Same goes for Tests sometimes too. Will start batsmen out on v.defensive but once they're settled and I try putting them on 2 or 3 bars and they get out almost straight away. Deadset ****ing bull****.
    I can see your frustration, and theres certainly been matches where I've hoped to make 250+ after a good start in ODIs only to reach around 200. I'm not sure what side you're playing with, but I find in ICC in internationals against good bowling attacks (particularly subcontinent spinners) increasing the tempo, especially for new batsmen, isn't that easy. I think the balance is about right - I guess you can't expect to belt 150 off the final 20 overs of an ODI every time, and when it does come off everything seems to fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I can see your frustration, and theres certainly been matches where I've hoped to make 250+ after a good start in ODIs only to reach around 200. I'm not sure what side you're playing with, but I find in ICC in internationals against good bowling attacks (particularly subcontinent spinners) increasing the tempo, especially for new batsmen, isn't that easy. I think the balance is about right - I guess you can't expect to belt 150 off the final 20 overs of an ODI every time, and when it does come off everything seems to fall into place.
    Playing 2010 edition with New Zealand (on normal). In the past I've experienced this problem but it was balanced out with better ODI performances, getting 300+ once every 3 games or so. With this game it's been every innings at least 4 batsmen will get out within 2 overs of upping it.

Maybe I just suck though. Probably more likely

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha, that's actually really realistic. Crap one day player and good FC player gets picked in one day cricket and looks absolutely gash, gets dropped from both forms despite doing okay in two Tests. Continues to plunder runs in First Class cricket but it's not televised so there's no big push while he continues to look average in one day games and never gets a recall.

True.

For those who hadn't heard, the iPod/iPhone/iPad version has been released onto the app store.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Be interesting to hear some reviews about how the game runs on those applications - don't have any of those fancy pieces of technology so unable to test it out myself.

Had a run out off a free hit today (we were fielding). First time I've seen it happen in game and indeed anywhere.

International 12th Man
    In my England game in 09 this guy is the mainstay of my middle order. Has anyone seen a player with a better conversion rate? He's like the anti-Shane Watson.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information