• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Cricket 2009 - PC Demo Released

inbox24

International Debutant
Using the demo extender I batted using Australia, made quite a decent score with a 10th attempt. Took a while for me to get used to the batting considering the controls are essentially reversed compared to Cricket 07.

Watto what a star with the bat!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nice score!

The demo won't run on my computer. If someone wouldn't mind taking a heap of screenshots of the demo I could post in the Cricket Games section that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheweydog

Cricket Spectator
DEMO extender ? where do i get this or do u play on HARD ?

ashes runs on Crossfire(2 x 3870) anyway it looks very good the graphics & seems to run ok, but the full game should even run better as demo's aint the full game just a tease :)

I added some attachments for the CONTROLS setup: the controls all in keyboard BUT i got a XFX gamepad so no wrys setting this up :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Some screenies of Bopara's innings - a six off Lee, but it didn't last long, trying to cut Watto through point.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Just downloaded it, and cant even run the setup...

"Error reading setup initialization file"

Any ideas? Cheers

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Downloaded the 360 version last night. Have some gripes with regards to how easy it is to hit boundaries even on the hardest difficulty. It's two ways though, bowling it around off on a good length seems to be not good enough to not go for a boundary.

It looks stunning and I'm sure it'll be addictive, but some solid gameplay problems are there. I hope they'll be releasing an update or something to tweak things.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Won't work on my computer, so what's the verdict of everyone who's played it?

From what I've seen, my hopes are not high for this game.

duffer

Won't work on my computer, so what's the verdict of everyone who's played it?

From what I've seen, my hopes are not high for this game.
Graphically fine, though not a patch on other sports franchises out there (Madden,NHL, NBA) the players for the most part look nothing like their real life counterparts(was shocked when I saw what Johnson looked like), batting is fun but there are gameplay issues.

Apparently bowling good length outswingers just outside off is license to be pulled behind square time after time. As I said before way too easy to hit and get hit for boundaries. Lots of potential needs tweaking. Might be a renter before committing.

ripper868

International Coach
Graphically fine, though not a patch on other sports franchises out there (Madden,NHL, NBA) the players for the most part look nothing like their real life counterparts(was shocked when I saw what Johnson looked like), batting is fun but there are gameplay issues.

Apparently bowling good length outswingers just outside off is license to be pulled behind square time after time. As I said before way too easy to hit and get hit for boundaries. Lots of potential needs tweaking. Might be a renter before committing.
Have never been a fan of Cricket games tbh, the only decent ones have been Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne99. All others just seem to unrealistic (as evidenced by Marcuss' scorecard above) and uncoordinated.

Agent TBY

International Captain
All others just seem to unrealistic (as evidenced by Marcuss' scorecard above) and uncoordinated.
Yeah, because an AI that's playing as if it's the last over for every over after the 2nd is an accurate representation of the AI in the complete game with proper over recognition.

Jarquis

Oh dear. I thought this game was challenging and harder not to score a billion runs and dismiss the CPU for next to nothing :(
That was on easy, I played on hard and was dismissed for 84.
I'll get a screen shot of a match on hard later :)

Cheweydog

Cricket Spectator
PC DVD version

Well I got a copy 2 day :) I played on easy & scored heaps but havernt tried it on HARD

Its a OK game & cant wait to try it ONLINE (thats the reason i bought the game) & has a ranked system to see who is the best etc & u make a custom game etc

there's the ONLINE menu BTW I a die hard cricket fan so dont ask me what the game is like lol hehehe

btw I've got a forum for Ashes 09 ONLINE & might start a comp or league depends on how the game runs online

cheers 8-) also DONT judge the game by a demo lol its not the FULL game :)

Online Gaming Community • Index page sign up its for Rugby league 2 online aswell

Attachments

Last edited:

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Downloaded and played the demo.... the graphics is really good but still the games seems of have some bugs.... running between wickets is having some issues ( may be some problem with Demo....not sure)....... this is the first time I am playing cricket game from a vendor other than EA.... so obviously the controls are difficult... trying to master it :) but still i feel EA's control was better.

Last edited: