• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New info on Ashes Cricket 2009

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
is it actually being released in the UK? i was on ign and they've got a release date in july for Australia but for the UK it says "unreleased" and on wikipedia it only gives a release date for Australia

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
I'll suggest you not to trust Wikipedia because it can be edited by anyone. Wait for official announcements from Codemasters.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Fingers crossed its not a piece of junk like RP07 - I ended up trading that in and play RP05 now when the mood strikes.

Read a couple of articles online - the amount of time the developers and reviewers talk about how realistic the stadia will look, and how the crowd at Lord's behaves realistically compared to its real life counterpart, and how it will deliver a gun online experience, is a bit of a worry, when they showed in RP07 they're quite prepared to deliver a product with utterly shot game mechanics that represented a big step backwards from 05.

Hope they have classic players back to unlock, and a proper career mode again.

And STATS TRACKING.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
take note

take note of how they barely show the screen of the game. its that bad!

when you do see the fast bowling action you wonder wether the game makers actually have ever seen or played the game.

and the batting looks even worse than BLIC 2005, even then it weren't great.

BLIC 2005 at least had promise though of eventually becoming a good game.

rumours had it that they changed the development team and re-wrote the game and i hear 2007 version was embarrasingly bad. is EA cricket any good? hopefully one day ill get a laptop and actually be able to play graphical games again.

wont be wasting my money on that codemaster cack though.