• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Cricket card game (In the making)

Fizbop

Cricket Spectator
My name is Fizbop well nick name is anyways. I am in the united states doing research on the game of cricket. I'm going to school for game design, and currently our class project is to make a cricket game.

So i have some questions for anyone that may be intrested in a Cricket game, IE (in example)Play testing it and providing feed back. I want any and all age ranges to answer this.

The idea currently is to have a card type game where you roll dice and score points. One team vs another team the two teams we have decided to go with are Australia, and India.

Thank you for your time,

Fizbop

Cricket Spectator
My first question would be how would you feel about a card that had a player on one side with stats and you would roll dice aggainst another card (trying not to give too much away right now) to determin if you get a hit how many runs or an out. on the back of the card would be team emblem.

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
This has been done many times before. Google cricket wickets (I think) and u should get some ideas.

With the dice idea google dice cricket and there are some simple games which should give you some ideas. U could then incorporate them to make them work together.

Me and my friend play this dice cricket game where we make an 11.

Here are the rolls

1= U call odd or even. Right-1 run. Wrong- Dot Ball.
2= 2 runs
3= Call odd or even. Right-3 runs. Wrong-1 run.
4= 4 runs
5= Call odd or even. Right-Dot Ball. Wrong-Wicket.
6= Call odd or even. Right-6 runs Wrong-Wicket.

Cool as. BTW, what class are u doing this for if u don't mind me asking.

Fizbop

Cricket Spectator
This has been done many times before. Google cricket wickets (I think) and u should get some ideas.

With the dice idea google dice cricket and there are some simple games which should give you some ideas. U could then incorporate them to make them work together.

Me and my friend play this dice cricket game where we make an 11.

Here are the rolls

1= U call odd or even. Right-1 run. Wrong- Dot Ball.
2= 2 runs
3= Call odd or even. Right-3 runs. Wrong-1 run.
4= 4 runs
5= Call odd or even. Right-Dot Ball. Wrong-Wicket.
6= Call odd or even. Right-6 runs Wrong-Wicket.

Cool as. BTW, what class are u doing this for if u don't mind me asking.
The class i'm doing this for is Concept Design.

Thank you for asking Yah I checked them out we want to do something a bit different and enjoyable to play by many on a break or when they are bored.

We are nowthinking of using a 10 d (10 sided dice)

we now have the back of the card image, still trying to figure out what to do with it. We are brainstorming like crazy over here.

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Some cards could have less chance of getting out E.G Less numbers they get out on. They get a bowling and batting rating?