• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nixonia - CricketWeb takes on the World

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Updated. Will keep selection open for our English cousins.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Will give people one more hour before we start our first tour. People can still join after this, mind.

Stil waiting on people's names - Bryce, Simon, etc.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll take Cameron White since he seems to be the only leggie there.

Will Quinn's the name.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Are the sides going to be selected on a rotational basis or by who is in form?

If the latter, make sure anyone who isn't playing in the First XI gets a go in all the tour matches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Are the sides going to be selected on a rotational basis or by who is in form?

If the latter, make sure anyone who isn't playing in the First XI gets a go in all the tour matches.
First up, there are stacks of people signed up, which means some people won't even make tours. These people will have their stats kept track of and posted upon request.

The primary aim as I said in the OP is to win. I want the best XI in the side. Again though, most if not all players with a really high skill level are not available, making us all on a really even skill level.

In other words, expect a lot of shuffling around while we figure out who will be representing Australia/Nixonia.

There will of course also be a weighting to people who are active in the thread.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
New look Australia's first stop - England

A relatively unknown side went back 3.5 years in time today in order to keep the Ashes and stuff. I don't heaps like their chances.

Batsmen
Greg Thomas, Age 29, FC 51.31, OD 39.14
Kyle Wright, Age 22, FC 49.50, OD 20.00
Highkon Mawk, Age 29, FC 39.55, OD 29.06
Mat Mitchell, Age 24, FC 37.84, OD 38.13
John Heads, Age 21, FC 26.29, OD 23.90
Jake McDonald, Age 27, FC 60.03, OD 39.21
Robert Cribb, Age 27, FC 13.71, OD 27.43
James Stedman, Age 29, FC 32.55, OD 18.42

Wicket Keepers
Neil Pickup, Age 23, FC 44.67, OD 14.00
Manjunath Reddlapalli, Age 24, FC 39.29, OD 39.00

All Rounders
Daniel Smith, Age 23, FC 47.40 and 28.06, OD 32.97 and 41.13
Sam Somerset, Age 23, FC 22.00 and 34.37, OD 0.00 and 21.75
Will Quinn, Age 21, FC 26.43 and 34.01, OD 11.00 and 43.65

Bowlers
Bryce Cunningham, Age 23, FC 27.03, OD 49.92
Nathan Patrick, Age 27, FC 29.91, OD 25.73
Heath Davis, Age 22, FC 29.89, OD 23.60
Ryan Dunn, Age 24, FC 29.99, OD 35.85
Jack McNamara, Age 22, FC 47.51, OD 43.00

I believe our strength are the all-rounders really. Will be a testing tour.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
One Day Friendly
Leicestershire vs Australia

Australian Side
H Mawk
G Thomas
M Mitchell
J McDonald
D Smith
L Reddlapalli
W Quinn
S Somerset
J McNamara
N Patrick
H Davis

Australia win the toss and bat.

Happy to do a live sim btw. Let me know if you're interested. nnanden_6 @ hotmail dot com

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia's struggle commences

Australia's toothless bowling has lead to their first defeat as a reformed side. Mawk, McDonald, Quinn and Patrick fought hard, but when Greg Thomas dropped Mongia off the bowling of Patrick early on, the game was as good as over.

Coach's Call -
"Pretty horrible start that. The deck was pretty slow and hard to get in on. Our bowlers really should've done better. McNamara, Smith and Somerset were pretty damn hopeless. Reddapalli kept really well and we'll fix up his first name. Next match is a 20/20 against the Poms. Expect some changes."

Last edited: