• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nixonia - CricketWeb takes on the World

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cheers to everyone who has been posting. (Y) I'm sure it's easy just to read it and not make any effort, but it's your team to make it what you want. What makes this interesting for me is what you all think of selections, tactics, McDonald, etc. So apart from aiding your selection, it keeps me interested aswell.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Three Day Friendly
Gloucestershire vs Australia

Australian XI -
Nick Scott
Kev Gough
Mat Mitchell
Greg Thomas
Jake McDonald
Jamee Gray (wk)
Kyle Wright
Ryan Dunn
Nath Patrick (capt)
Heath Davis
Zachary Gelman

Coach's Call -
Another chance for Scott, Gough and the middle order to find some runs. Dunn and Gelman also effectively play-off for a fourth bowling spot.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia almost victorious. Almost.

Australia got to within ten runs of victory in a rain delayed Three Day Friendly. Nick Scott turned words into runs with a top ton and the bowlers showed some wicket taking ability.

Coach's Call -
Some positives there. Bit of a puzzle with who to select now though. Need some suggestions plz.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Second Ashes Test Match
England vs Australia

Australia XI -
Nick Scott (Test Debut)
John Heads
Mat Mitchell
Greg Thomas
Jake McDonald
Neil Pickup (wk)
Kyle Wright
Nathan Patrick (capt)
Kieran Horton
Heath Davis
Zachary Gelman (Test Debut)

Coach's Call -
Congratulations to Scott and Gelman who get their first Test Caps. Davis and Patrick are on notice and must show some signs of capability.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Good to see Scott get a game. Sometimes new blood means new results. Might strengthen to top order.

Hopefully a spinner will be needed back home and Piney can get a crack at any level!

"Right now, just wishing the boys the best on the tour and hope for a few victories over those poms"
- Brad Pine, The Advertiser, July 2005

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Can't believe i got dropped for Gelman my wickets were obviously of higher prestige than his in the recent match, plus i went for less.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strauss sees England home despite magnificent Aussie comeback

Andrew Strauss was ultimately the difference between he two sides, making big scores in either innings to lead England to a six-wicket win. The highlight of the match however, was when Horton ran into bowl during the second innings screaming "Thiisss one'sss forrrr Higggehhhhhhh" and with the proceeding bouncer, broke Michael Vaughan's helmet (and heart). Vaughan will be out for the remainder of the series.

Coach's Call -
Fantastic effort that, despite the loss. Davis was immense, a well deserved five-wicket haul. Good to see Scott with a big ton on debut, McDonald with his maiden ton and some other good innings. We're showing really good signs without completely clicking. A solid team effort and we can win this.

Last edited: