Cricket Player Manager

Thread: ICC 1 invincibles

ICC 1 invincibles

I was just thinking back to the days when I used to play ICC1 and was wondering if this ever happened to anyone before...

I was playing as Warwickshire, and must've been at around 2008 or something (the game started in 1997) so my team was mostly new faces by this time. I got a new wicketkeeper from the youth team as my current one was quite old and ended up giving him a few games.

Lo and behold, he makes a huge century on debut. Next game, again. And again.

It must've been some kind of bug, but this guy never got out - the only way he was ever dismissed was if he was run out. In as such he ended up with a ridiculous number of centuries and an ungodly average. It was quite awesome playing with him. This ever happen to anyone else?

International 12th Man
    That was a known bug in the first ICC. It was quite rare but not uncommon that some regens would just be literally impossible to get out.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    I've heard of a few other instances of players that were impossible to dismiss in early versions of the game. I never had a copy of ICC 1 so its never happened to me though.

Yeah I had a few of them. For me they tended to be Sri Lankan wicketkeepers IIRC.

Had a couple of Poms do it for me, was awesome. About the only way I could stop Ramnarine and Nagamootoo from running through my England team.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Yeah I had a few of them. For me they tended to be Sri Lankan wicketkeepers IIRC.
    Yeah I thought they were always Sri Lankan wk's off the overseas screen(on icc2 anyway), there could even be like up to three at a time to choose from. Would have made online games very interesting if most people had one of them haha..
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond