• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favorite county team

krkode

State Captain
Most of us have an obvious favorite international team that we support - but I was wondering what people's favorite county teams were and in which version of ICC.

My current version of ICC is 2002 (yes, I know lol). Before that, I played ICC 1 for a very very long time back when you couldn't even select international teams and playing with a county was your only choice.

Back then, I was probably 12 or 13 and I had no idea who any of England's players were - I probably knew Alec Stewart and Darren Gough so my introduction to county teams was more or less with a fresh slate. I must've tried every single county a lot until I finally settled on Warwickshire, which till today remains my favorite team.

I think part of the reason why I like Warwickshire so much is not just because they are half-decent, but because they are not so good that they lose half their team to England selection every few games.

Surrey, for example, in ICC 2002 loses virtually all its good batsmen for tests and then on top of that, they lose Ally Brown and Adam Hollioake for ODIs. Really makes me mad having to scramble with a less than optimal team while they're off losing games for England (tsk tsk!). :p

So, what's your favorite county team?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I just about always play as Yorkshire now, mainly due to the fact the first team I got in WCC (a simulation league on this forum) was Yorks.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surrey have always been my team...mostly because they were insanely awesome in older versions of the game - players like Butcher, Thorpe, Stewart, etc.

krkode

State Captain
Surrey have always been my team...mostly because they were insanely awesome in older versions of the game - players like Butcher, Thorpe, Stewart, etc.
Yeah, but didn't you just hate it when they always got selected for England and you were stuck with Ratcliffe and Shahid? :dry:

hehe :D

Shri

Mr. Glass
Gloucestershire in ICC 2005 Ashes Edition. The team is neither very strong nor very weak and so you have a fighting chance to win every match right from the start. The youth players from the side are generally good too (Though it may be just luck).

Paddlesmack

Cricket Spectator
Nottinghamshire. Samit Patel is a freakin' talisman, averages 60 in FC and a solid 45 or so in OD. With the ball, 30's in FC and 25 or so in OD's at 3.98.

Rarely lose players to England. Usually it's Broad and Sidebottom, but I kicked Broad out and got Kabir Ali + Hoggard. That'll do nicely thanks.

Plus I got plenty of other fantastic players in Omari Banks to back up Patel with the ball, Ryan Ten Deoshorte (Spelling?) is a fantastic allrounder, and an inconsistant Shaun Marsh is a good overseas choice.

:)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Deep down, Worcestershire for some reason. I had played a very old version of ICC way back when, and in around 2004/2005 I got up to date with 2002. First team I chose was Worcs - no idea why. It was always good having Graeme Hick though - solid domestic performer, no worries about international duties. Nowadays I just play with the ****test team I can find, Div 2 in both and the fewest stars possible. Just cause I can.