• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2009 Features

Which game feature would you like to see in 2009???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shri

Mr. Glass
Give us a database editor and make the online gaming system like football manager. Everyone is happy. tada.

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Domestic teams from other countries, IPL, Duckworth\Lewis, would all make the game better.

An editor seems unlikely, but I guess you never know.

Allowing the user to run a proper series in the exhibition mode is essential for me. Going back a few years I used to run one-off series in ITC all the time. ICC really is missing a trick here. I've done everything possible to ensure Cricket Coach 2007 (and the upcoming 2009 edition) has a detailed custom series mode.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
ICC 2008 has plenty of sixes I've found. Much more than previous releases. Usually get at least 2 in every game.

scritty

I'm always in favour of data editors because they never get them right. I don't like playing against unknown medium pacers from India who dominate just because they have an awesome domestic record. I seriously wonder if the database is tested out to see whether or not actual international players ever get a game.
Amen to that, Look at the starting lineup that ICC2008 puts in for the first test, I mean who the hell are half the players ?

Database editors seem very taboo to Chris, and that suprises me. All ICC's competitors and peers have editors (FM, CCoach, Cricket 07, OOTP, ITC etc etc etc) I don't see any major game failures as a result.

You could start games with a "clean" database or an edited one, and this would show in your team details and in the lobby when playing online.

You could set up points systems to have truly equal teams competing.

Say 450 points per team, 1 point for every batting point average to a maximum of 35 then 2 from 36 to 50 and 3 thereafter. Also 1 point for every bowling point average below 65 (2 points below 35 and 3 below 20 - in this case a minimum of 18 perhaps).

Name your players, give them your own BMP's and have really interesting "what if's ?"

Retention of team's stats and records would be great. Unless you break partership records, your super player and all his history just disapears forever once they retire - A whole mini-industry in cricket books would simply not exist if people weren't interested in the feats and fates of great historical cricketers. In all ICC games they just disapear forever. That really needs fixing.

6's - ICC seems to be back in the old sarawak cane days of heavy over pressed bats and massive outfields, but then I've mentioned this year after year to little effect.

I can't believe this one can be THAT difficult, and lets face it ICC is so obviously out of kilter I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed, perhaps Chris hoped Twenty20 would go away and take it's new generation of big hitters with it ..who knows ?

Scritty

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have already made up my mind to ignore this game and get the Cricket Coach series from now on. The main reason why I stuck to ICC was the ability to play the game for as many years as we want and quick simulation in low end systems. These features are now available in CC '09 too and requests for editors are acknowledged in the game forum and Oli Norwell(the game's owner) responds well to queries in his forum. Sorry ICC, you guys have been ripping me off for database updates for a decade and I have just found a better game to spend my money on.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
When is this going to be released?
For anyone interested I read on the official forum that Empire Interactive had "gone into administration", obviously delaying any release of a new version for the near future. Based on that I personally wouldn't get your hopes up for a 2009 International Cricket Captain to be released any time soon.

Agent TBY

International Captain
For anyone interested I read on the official forum that Empire Interactive had "gone into administration", obviously delaying any release of a new version for the near future. Based on that I personally wouldn't get your hopes up for a 2009 International Cricket Captain to be released any time soon.
lolEidos. The day they thought they were better than SI Games was the beginning of the end for them.

Oli Norwell

lol Eidos. The day they thought they were better than SI Games was the beginning of the end for them.
Be careful not to get Eidos and Empire mixed up. As far as I know Eidos (who challenged SI Games with Champ Manager v Football Manager) are still going strong.

It's Empire who published Cricket Captain and are now in administration.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Be careful not to get Eidos and Empire mixed up. As far as I know Eidos (who challenged SI Games with Champ Manager v Football Manager) are still going strong.

It's Empire who published Cricket Captain and are now in administration.
Tbf, I did say Eidos in my post. :ph34r:

Something's really been wrong with me recently. Couple of absolute shockers.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
Edios are always strong with that Hitman series title and now Batman.

Oli should be the happiest person in the world now if ICC won't be released because CC09 will be at the top most in cricket management games.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Edios are always strong with that Hitman series title and now Batman.

Oli should be the happiest person in the world now if ICC won't be released because CC09 will be at the top most in cricket management games.
It will be better if it doesn't run like a hog.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Unluckily again ....the next version of icc i.e. ICC 2009 Ashes Edition won't feature domestic competetions from other countries & T20 leagues like IPL....;-(.....but it will have T20 world cup.,.&improved game engine for enhanced T20 gaming experience.,,according to childishthings forums.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unluckily again ....the next version of icc i.e. ICC 2009 Ashes Edition won't feature domestic competetions from other countries & T20 leagues like IPL....;-(.....but it will have T20 world cup.,.&improved game engine for enhanced T20 gaming experience.,,according to childishthings forums.
Yeah, it seems that the game is more improving AI rather than adding nifty features. Hopefully it adds them in the next one.