• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2008 Succession Game

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funny. Could have sworn I already put the file back up. Ill do it now.

I'm giving up my shot because of a inn/170 run loss:dry:

Opponent racked up about 500 so I set my batsmen to Defensive and they collapsed in both innings to 199 and 127:wacko:

Next match is the 50 over final so I don't think I should do it after that. Lol

Just realised I don't know how to upload the file:happy:
Haha, that can happen. In my game I had three big wins in a row, then lost one by an innings and 160 runs, then won three more. :huh:

Uppercut

I'll play a bit from here if noone else will, but i apologise in advance for ballsing everything up.

Uppercut

4 games, won the 50-over final against Middlesex then beat them again in pro40 in the next game. Then beat Kent in CC but got stuffed by Sussex in the pro40. Better than i expected :). Sajd Mahmood is unrealistically playing quite brilliantly. More realistically, Jimmy Anderson varies between incredible and utterly useless.

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not going to be able to play ICC for at least another week so if anyone else wants to finish the season, you're more than welcome to. Just make sure you upload the save file before the contracts so we can decide on what to do about next season. :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Finished off the 2008 season this afternoon. We ended up collecting second place in three competitions! We also won the Challenge Trophy so thats a very successful first season in my view.

What do we want to do about next season and contracts? Should we get just one person to do the contracts and run with that or should a few people have a go and then we'll select one of those squads to use for 2009?

I will also put up a new topic with all the results and averages so you can use that to view the season summary easier than going through the whole results topic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Went ahead with the contracts, in the end I had to settle for Cameron White as the overseas player as Keedy retired and there were no other English spinners of any quality to sign. If we want to, I can replay the contracts again and try and keep Yousuf, or shall we just go with one attempt at the contracts and keep it realistic?

Out from last season:
Law (retired)
Keedy (retired)
Cork (retired)
Chapple (retired)
Yousuf (released)
Hogg (released)
T.Smith (released)

New signings:
Daryl Mitchell
Craig Spearman
Ryan ten Doeschate
Alfonso Thomas
Cameron White

We have a squad of 22 but even so, have enough money to allocate $50,000 to coaching, physio and youth development. So, let me know if thats what we want, or if we should redo the contracts.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a lot of response so I'll start the season and see how we go and if everyone is really keen to keep Yousuf we can always go back I guess.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Played four games for two wins (both against Scotland) and a loss against Derbyshire in the Challenge Trophy, and a draw against Somerset in the county championship. File is attached for anyone to have a go, just post your results in the results topic and then upload the file for the next person. :)

Attachments

MambaLeylaChka

Cricket Spectator
Need advise about internet-hosting!

For admin or webmasters.
Can you advise me, what hosting do you reccomend to use?

Or... Admin of this site - what hosting or server do you use?
Thanks.

Sorry for my english and sorry for posting in "http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/icc-series/40370-icc-2008-succession-game-4.html#post1795784" forum :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
For admin or webmasters.
Can you advise me, what hosting do you reccomend to use?

Or... Admin of this site - what hosting or server do you use?
Thanks.

Sorry for my english and sorry for posting in "http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/icc-series/40370-icc-2008-succession-game-4.html#post1795784" forum :)
Not sure what that post is all about... :huh:

Is there anyone that wants to continue with the succession game and play a few matches?