• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Armchair Cricket PC Game

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I don't know if this problem is happening only to me, but I can't seem to set one of my players as a keeper. I created a new team, and when I select him as keeper, and save changes, it just goes away. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback, I assume you are talking about the team editor.

A new version has been uploaded at

http://stuweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~bp610/ACCricket/ACTeamEditorRelease0.91b.zip

Which should resolve your problem. Any new teams you have created you should be able to load in this version.
You will need to set captain and wicket keeper for any new teams you created.

Thanks,

Pete.

Golden28

Cricket Spectator
Fantastic game but as the above poster already said, it is far too easy to defeat the CPU.

With some AI upgrading though this could be magnificent. It is already very well designed though IMO.

Keep up the excellent work.

JMWCRIC

Cricket Spectator
I do hope the Java version of armchair cricket is still under development.On the proviso that it is I would make the following changes :

Correct the bug whereby after hitting a four the batsmen seem to change ends.
Correct the bug where after a bowler has bowled 10 overs you're advised they've bowled their maximum of 6 overs.
Correct the 2 card shot bug (I know this was work in progress)
Enable county teams to be selected (e.g. Durham, Surrey etc)
Allow for a computer versus computer game.
Allow optional byes/runs
Enable byes and wides to be scored (if the bowler plays a card of the same value as that played by the batsman to the next delivery it should be a wide and if one higher it should be byes (leg byes if the card concerned is a pad).
Allow the number of overs in limited overs matches to be varied.
Enable two innings matches (tests, county championship etc) to be played and allow for declarations.
Vary the skill levels (via a link to the most valuable player index?) between one day matches and the longer game (I have to admit I'm biased as a Durham fan but Mustard is an excellent one day batsman - classifying him as average is a severe injustice - albeit less effective in the longer game. The same applies to Eoin Morgan, for example),

I and some of my friends (one of whom developed a one day DOS version) were frequent Armchair Cricket players. I and I'm sure they would be willing to help in further development.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I do hope the Java version of armchair cricket is still under development.On the proviso that it is I would make the following changes :

Correct the bug whereby after hitting a four the batsmen seem to change ends.
Correct the bug where after a bowler has bowled 10 overs you're advised they've bowled their maximum of 6 overs.
Correct the 2 card shot bug (I know this was work in progress)
Enable county teams to be selected (e.g. Durham, Surrey etc)
Allow for a computer versus computer game.
Allow optional byes/runs
Enable byes and wides to be scored (if the bowler plays a card of the same value as that played by the batsman to the next delivery it should be a wide and if one higher it should be byes (leg byes if the card concerned is a pad).
Allow the number of overs in limited overs matches to be varied.
Enable two innings matches (tests, county championship etc) to be played and allow for declarations.
Vary the skill levels (via a link to the most valuable player index?) between one day matches and the longer game (I have to admit I'm biased as a Durham fan but Mustard is an excellent one day batsman - classifying him as average is a severe injustice - albeit less effective in the longer game. The same applies to Eoin Morgan, for example),

I and some of my friends (one of whom developed a one day DOS version) were frequent Armchair Cricket players. I and I'm sure they would be willing to help in further development.
Thanks for the feedback.

Albeit a little late, there are plans to finish this, sorting out a lot of the issues that have been mentioned. Hopefully I will come back here and let everybody see a much more advanced beta in the not too distant future.

The plan is to make an android app and a 4 player version as well, which for me would be a really neat addition.

DTCricket

Cricket Spectator
Hi there - love the game, love your version - any further progress on this? I personally would love a full Test Match option (ability to save too, I guess), and an android version would be great too - thanks anyway

Manishu

Cricket Spectator
Armchair Cricket is a freeware program for DOS by Rob LeGrand III. It is based upon the popular cricket card game of the same name. Rob wrote Armchair Cricket when as an American he found it hard to find a human opponent. he rules are quite easy to pick up and the computer even warns you if it feels you are about to make a silly move. I like to play this game on my PC.

Amitika

Cricket Spectator
I have a new version of new version of Armchair Cricket and I am daily play this game on my phone or PC . Armchair Cricket is a freeware program for DOS by Rob LeGrand III. It is based upon the popular cricket card game of the same name.