• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2009

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
BLIC 2005 was a good game, but it was still a joke in many respects, such as the fact that 1mm off the top of the speed bar and it is 60mph or spinners bowling at 20mph.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
It's not being made by Codies - it's being made by Red Mile Entertainment and will be next-gen.
There was meant to be an official announcement in March but it seems to have been put back.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's not being made by Codies - it's being made by Red Mile Entertainment and will be next-gen.
There was meant to be an official announcement in March but it seems to have been put back.
Have Codemasters sold the game then? Will it be endorsed by Brian Lara still, despite his retirement? Will it be released on PC and PlayStation 2 as well as PS3 and Xbox 360?

kingkallis

International Coach
No official announcement yet!

Whoever creates the game needs to take a look @ GTA and also notice how lively those charactors are...

I used to play EA 2000 and BLC 99 for hours....now we demand more and coders are capable of delievering but.....maybe its the market!

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Have Codemasters sold the game then? Will it be endorsed by Brian Lara still, despite his retirement? Will it be released on PC and PlayStation 2 as well as PS3 and Xbox 360?
It's not being developed inhouse and the code is basically being built from scratch. I can't see it not being released for PC or PS2 (less sure about the latter, and wrt the name they'll have to weigh up brand and franchise name recognition against the fact he's internationally retired (although playing in the ICL/IPL).
I'll be e-mailing my contact again next week so hope to get him to agree to a Q&A or something.

zepnod

Cricket Spectator
It's not being developed inhouse and the code is basically being built from scratch. I can't see it not being released for PC or PS2 (less sure about the latter, and wrt the name they'll have to weigh up brand and franchise name recognition against the fact he's internationally retired (although playing in the ICL/IPL).
I'll be e-mailing my contact again next week so hope to get him to agree to a Q&A or something.
ime on gamespy looking a good match on BLIC any one interested name is keysie 45

dfreddie

Cricket Spectator
After getting the excitement of BLC I am eagerly awaiting something more polished from the makers. For instance the newer version surely would promise some better graphics and gameplay options. However I have not heard anywhere there is going to be a 2009 release, would love to know more on this.

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oh Dear

Red Mile entertainments site says nothing of developing a BLC game (or any other cricket franchise)
:-O

In fact, since announcing a new president in March (9 months ago) the site has not been updated at all.

Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't exist any more :unsure:

What with the last game being so very poor (Brett Lee could rarely get the ball above ankle high and 65MPH even - the batting was dull, the fielding was flaky and the bowling was a joke)

Not sure I'm even looking forward to another game bu Codies. Not enjoyed one since 1998 and the original BLC. As for EA's games...while they get prettier, they are pretty poor play wise. Within 90 minutes of buying '07 I could hit 30+ an over on "Hard" level, and as Bangladesh, beat Australia by over 500 runs in an ODI. (bowled the Ozzies out for less than 25)

When I resisted using the "6 hit" button. On a slow pitch I scored 55 for none in a 20-20 game, and got bored of RB saying "straight to cover" YAWN.

I hope whoever does take on the job makes a decent game. I'm really cheesed off with the 3rd rate rubbish we are fobbed off with every 2 or 3 years.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
It's a complete joke the lack of information coming from both Codies and Redmile. They're supposedly aiming for an Ashes release so we can only guess that they're behind schedule. Having been promised information for nearly 11 months now I'm not too hopeful either. I'll e-mail my contacts again but ever since RG left I just seemed to get passed around the various departments rather than actually told anything.

Bennycoff

Cricket Spectator
Can't wait for a half decent cricket game.

All we want is realistic and fun gameplay. In depth statistics and stats tracking and half decent graphics.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would rather them take their time and delay the release of the game, if it means releasing a much, much improved game on 2007.

drmony

Cricket Spectator
good information about ea sports 2009 game

all of guys there is some good information about ea sports 2009 game

you can check this link ...

20 20 cricket results

Ea sports is planning to launch only 20 20 edition of ICC cricket ............thts so exciting