• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket - Clash of the Titans

owey

Cricket Spectator
Clash of the Titans

The PC Cricket game that pits the great sides of the past against each other

Clash of the Titans is a text based cricket game that has been written for the Micosoft Access platform. Now some of the debates that have captured the imaginations of cricket lovers down the generations can be answered as the great teams of the past face off.
How would Don Bradman have handled the great West Indies pace attacks? What would Sobers have made of the Bodyline attack? How would the fantastic South African side of 1969/70 fared against Warwick Armstrong’s champions of 1920/21?
Relive some of the pulsating battles. Viv Richards faces Dennis Lillee once again. Benaud can lock horns again with Worrell. Trumper can dominate turn of the century bowling attacks like he did in his heyday. What will happen this time, as the Australian and English teams of the 1882/83 Ashes series face off? All this is possible in Clash of the Titans!
Try the demo for a feel for the game. Then, get the full version, which includes a comprehensive set of career statistics for each and every player. Statistics are a big part of what makes cricket so addictive to avid fans. This game allows you to look back and see who has made the most centuries, who has taken the most wickets, and which batsmen has let himself down in the run making department. The record partnerships for each wicket are also recorded.
Do you believe that there is a fantastic team from the past that has been overlooked? Nominations for future teams are most welcome!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting, interesting. I like the way you have to decide which shot to play, but after a while it got a bit tedious, sorry. :mellow: Great effort though, I like it :)

owey

Cricket Spectator
Thank you for your reply guys. I am currently working on a new version of the game and I hoped you could help me with part of it. I hope you liked the overall idea of the game, being able to select a different shot for each delivery, as this is the basic principle on which the game is based, and I don't want to change this. However, I am wondering what would make the game feel more exciting. I am planning both limited overs formats for the next release. I am using a much more configurable and varied commentary style so that it fits the shot better ie. instead of "He's timed that well and it goes for four", it is now possible to get "Bradman strokes that through the covers for four". I also plan to have the user able to select a running mode, to be able to take risky singles, turn ones into twos or even turn runs down to protect tail enders from the strike. I also plan to add a "Use feet to spinners" mode to allow batsmen a chance of getting more half vollies out of spinners with the risk of getting stumped. Also planned but maybe down the track, I would like to make the sessions time based rather than over based, so that fast bowlers won't get through so many overs, and have pitch and weather (including rain) conditions affect play. The asthetic look of the game has also been much improved. I hope these changes will brighten the game a little. What did you guys think?

owey

Cricket Spectator
Ah, yes, I have just created a team editor, so that players/teams that have been overlooked can be added to the team. So far there are 44 teams in the full version and counting.