• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA cricket 08

Fezza_8600

Cricket Spectator
yes I'm looking forward to this as well!

cricket 05 was a joke, cricket 07 is pretty god, 08 should be excellent, i love cricket sims.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Um, there is no Cricket 08.. Some guy in India released a big patch for Cricket 07 with the IPL, and called it Cricket 08

Ponting Man

School Boy/Girl Captain
On 07 bowl in and its plum lbw and the umpire says no and reckon they should fix that up.
It would be cool if you could make your own team and choose it's colors and stuff. They should also put the IPL on it and you should have money and buy players. MORE shots is a yes

jainy25

Cricket Spectator
Been around for ages, on other forums at least.

Apparently Cricket 09 is due, for the Ashes. It will be an awesome game in my opinion, with new players, tournaments and much better game play. So pumped for it.
I had previously mentioned on my blog regarding the future of EA cricket series - End of EA Cricket Series ?
But now it seems like it is going to be wrong.

Yeah according to me EA Cricket 09 is coming. I have heard that EA is going to release it this year because of Ashes as Jakester said. Well of course, EA Australia, NZ, England and South Africa are the main ones to develop it. So we do have a hope this time.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
The improvements they could make:

- realisic faces and actions;
- reverse swing only coming into play around 80 overs;
- more on off stump and outside.( to trouble the batsmen you have to bowl well wide of off stump when realistically u would deffenatly leave;
- more commentary;
- Injuries for example a very quick bouncer very rarely results injury.
- create player.( create a run up, more facial options and voice etc);
-graphics. the UK version of the stumps being hit is a crap animation;
-vary wicket( sticky, dry, hard etc);
-Gameplay;
- bowling choice( u can change the seam position).
- field placings ( theres a set field have to put a fielder in the spots. have the freedom to place anywhere but keeping the rules obviously);
- move the batsmen in the crease have him outside the popping crease. also taking the batsmens mark number 2 middle etc;
- can have the wicket keep up at the stumps for medium pace bowlers;
-More realistic shots and ball wear and tear effect;

thats all I got at the mo lol

These wud be really gud changes and to add :

hit wickets , referals , powerplays

Ponting Man

School Boy/Girl Captain
they should use some of the things they use on Ricky Ponting's International cricket 2007 some things are cool on that like the fielding and catching the realism, the gear u can win the better graphics and i sort of think it is a little funner than EA Cricket 07

dossa

Cricket Spectator
I would like improvements.
Examples:
More Bats available.
More game modes
More competitions
Better options in create player
Updated players like Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle are shocking on 07. i hope they are better on 08.
I am looking forward to this game coming out and hope it is one of the best games i have ever played.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
See EA Sports Cricket 09 will be coming for PC only and if it will be released before September. After that, forget about this game.

The game was actually going to be released in the first week of may but due to some problems they didn't released it and the date expired.

Well, I think the game which has overtaken EA's Cricket is none other than Ashes Cricket 2009 so just look on this game as this time it won't be requiring such high requirements like BLIC 07.

leo.01

Cricket Spectator
i prefer it in PSP. anyone got any ideas?

i was looking for few years, non of the shop here selling it.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
Everyone is looking forward to this game except for EA. I think they must have forgot that they were making a cricket game called Cricket 09. :p

leo.01

Cricket Spectator
i do hope to have cricket 09... you sure there is nothing outside there? i check few store in my country but i dont see any at all.. :wacko: