• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2002

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With practise, Bowling isn't that hard at all, but it annoys me when the keeper misses easy takes and they race away for byes.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
With practise, Bowling isn't that hard at all, but it annoys me when the keeper misses easy takes and they race away for byes.
Since I only play it once a week I don't get much practise. What's the tip to getting the spinners to spin the ball, because they just sem to bowl flat dull stuff...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be honest I can't remember, haven't played it for a while, and now CM4's here, can't see I'll play it again for a few weeks!

When I get a chance I may reinstall it, and have a proper go with it.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well as far as the shots are concerned, I think EA should be concentrating on what shots usually are played and which ones usually provide runs. With this respect I have been irritated by the leg glance and the straight drive. Two shots that were very good in BLC.

Amd another thing. The game has suddenyl started freezing. It just freezes and doesnt budge. This was not happening early....any advise.

Download the Cricket 2002 online Gameplay Patch!

It makes the game more challenging and improves shots. It also comes with new menu art and music!

Cloete

International Captain
i downloaded the C2002.tk World CUp patch. THAT RULZ!!! it improves gameplay and makes the game AWESOME!! that is a must for n e Cricket 2002 fan. i can't believe how good it is. it even has the right music:O

anzac

International Debutant
Hopefully I'm about to finally get my hands on C2002 in the next week so I'll finally be able to have a go......

anyone got any indications as to the better patches, editors, download sites etc - I've had a look at a few and there are numerous to choose from.

:)

anzac

International Debutant
where do Iget it from.....

is it only for online gaming or can it be used regardless????

anzac

International Debutant
got the game & love it....

downloaded the Player Lineup editor which is supposed to let you configure Test & ODI defaults for the AI teams - but I can't get it to work.

It will let me select starting lineups etc but this has no effect when I got to play a game. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work?

can anyone help?

:(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You have to go into the game and click restore team names.

I know this may stuff up the temas you have editted, but after you ediited the whole thing, then done the lineups and then realised this, then you have to get ANOTHER editiot that edits the ctm file, not the teams.tem. Hopefully you already have the ctm one.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i liked it, but all you had to do was meet the pitch of the ball and you had a auto six or four. (If you did this before a ball was bowled)

I think there should be something that stops this, and there should be something like a risk factor or similar. (e.g: the more you play aggressive there is a much greater chance of getting out, and more ways TO get out)

anzac

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
i liked it, but all you had to do was meet the pitch of the ball and you had a auto six or four. (If you did this before a ball was bowled)

I think there should be something that stops this, and there should be something like a risk factor or similar. (e.g: the more you play aggressive there is a much greater chance of getting out, and more ways TO get out)
it looks a lot better than I was used to with SWC'99.

bearing in mind the game was made in Canada by EA Sports (not cricketers), the game play is basically not too taxing in order to appeal to as wide as possible a market.

to beef the gameplay try installing some of the patches to change the parameters re shots & timing, pitch response / movement, field setting & game AI etc. There are a number of these about to choose from, or alternatively you can download respective shot & field editors and make your own.

blackk

Cricket Spectator
I know it is a bump but i am searching every where to get the EDITORS FOR EA CRICKET 2002. i have done a lot of work on cricket 2007 edition .But class is always class. so,i am playing cricket 2002. If anyone gives editors i will be thankful to them

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
The older one no more exists but I can create one. The thing is, no one plays Cricket 2002 anymore and it will be waste of time to make downloads for Cricket 2002. (Correct me if I am wrong).

blackk

Cricket Spectator
Mr. legend yeah i know that no one plays this game. Usually i do patches for my self. & later releasse for others. I did the same thing when i created IPL in ea sports ,asian cricket patch,face etc.
I still enjoy this game.If u have editors & patches for this game. i will be more than happy.
Thank u