• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have made a new game

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
Hello Everybody,
i am new to forums. i have made a cricket simulation game. i have a webpage devoted to the game and other games i will program in future. the site is "http://www.viranisoftwares.tk" . Please download the game and let me know your reaction, and reviews. Also can u please include the game in the cricketweb.net downloads section.

Rich2001

International Captain
hanifv said:
Hello Everybody,
i am new to forums. i have made a cricket simulation game. i have a webpage devoted to the game and other games i will program in future. the site is "http://www.viranisoftwares.tk" . Please download the game and let me know your reaction, and reviews. Also can u please include the game in the cricketweb.net downloads section.
I tried to play your game and when I went to run it I got the following error.

Last edited:

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
Problem Fixed

Alright. I looked into the matter and i tried to solve it. this should work. you can download the fixed game again from www.viranisoftwares.tk (downloads) section. Now i have made it of two parts and i have made a setup for it. so now play the game and review it.

Cloete

International Captain
this is an AWESOME game!!!! there is only 1 really really REALLY bad thing about it, the game ends when u become captain of ur country. i h8 that. m8 this is a gr8 game if u can get rid of ending the game when u become captain. and add some new features it will b the best freeware game eva!! u guys HAVE to download it!!! it's sooooooooooooooooooo addictive. keep up the good work m8.

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
Thanks

Hey thanks guys. It really feels good that you all liked the game. Well about the game ending........i will have to think and change it. You can give me ur suggestions, about how should i end it or what change should i come up with.

So will my game find a place on the cricketweb.net downloads section!!!

Also as u may have read on my site "www.viranisoftares.tk" about the sequel to cricketer i.e Cricketer 2003. Its under construction and i will soon send u its features for u guys to comment on or send ur wish lists. But let me clear one thing that are sure in cricketer 2003

1) Huge boost to graphics
2) Much more features including playing each ball or over of a match, changing agrression with accordance to the demand of the situation
3) Review your performance with graphs and charts

Please add my game to cricketweb.net

Eagerly waiting for ur reply

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok to answer your question Cricket Web would be more than happy to put your game into the Downloads section, but you need to send all the files and information to James, as he might not every actually read this thead, so if you e-mail it to him it also will act a a reminder should he be busy.

His e-mail is

james.nixon@cricketweb.net

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Read it all >>>>>>

Hi Hanif,

All I can say after playing the game for an hour is that..
Its really a very nice game considering its your first try at it. I hope the game will progress tremendously as you gather new ideas to implement in that game.

Overall, the game looks great and the idea is superb but there's still much scope for improvement as always. We're never satisfied with what one provides. Keep developing it for months and years to come and it will really become great.

From a programmer's view (being a programmer myself), the file size is huge while taking into account that the functionality implemented is lesser compared to its size. Although it will work fine but most of us will appreciate if you can manage to reduce the file size to about 1 MB or less.

About Cricketer 2003, it seems to be a big sequel to the Cricketer series. Sorry to know that its not a FREEWARE since almost all of us prefer the games to be FREE of cost. Anyway, best of luck with the game.

Cloete

International Captain
boo not shareware!! booooo!!!! well if no1 buys it in the first couple of months can u make it freeware? look at all of quickfires games their class and he still keeps them as freeware (good on ya quickfire, ps love the soccer sim.) :D . well then could u pls pls pls update ur first version a fair bit b4 u start work on cricketer 2003. things u might want to do are (i understand these may be hard but their just thoughts):

- Add bowling to the game and choose whether u want to be a batsman, bowler or and all rounder.

- At the start of the game have a certain number of skill points which u can allocate to certain things (i.e aggression, batting, bowling, focus, temprement etc.) so i might out 4 on batting 4 on bowling etc.

- don't end with the captainship of ur country. keep playing and keep the same stats of ur international career when u get captainship.

- have a world player ratings table for batting and bowling so u can become number 1 in both or one of those 2.

- If you get inside the top five for bowling or top 6 for batting u can get selected for a couple of friendlies to play for the Wolrd XI against a country.

- ability to see result of each ball/ over and set aggression level. or simply to skip that. but ur performance should not be hindered if u skip.

- there should be like a profile that has ur averages for all the forms of the game, i.e how many 100's u scored 50's ur average ur rating ur runs ur catches etc. for club,city,state and international. so u can review and see ur gr8 state average :D etc.

well hopefully u can add some of these to the freeware version. mainly sumthin that will stop stop the game ending when u get captain. i H8 THAT !!!!:( :(

n e way gr8 game m8 keep up the good work. pls consider making cricketer 2003 freeware :D . n e way m8 i am addicted to that game. if u play it once u just can't stop playing u always have to see wat ur next score will be. BTW I GOT 100 LAST NIGHT!!! FIRST TIME EVER I GOT 100!! oh and a tip to every1 out there, sometimes take the bookies money and spend it on practice, get the 40000 rps one, i got my skill level up to 95 once and scored that 100 at international level. i think i was averaging about 48 but then the game ended!!BOOOOO!!!

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Thanks

hanifv said:
You can give me ur suggestions, about how should i end it or what change should i come up with.
it should never end u should be able to just keep playing :).

oh i left out a point from the post above:

- u should have the ability to save/load games.

1) Huge boost to graphics
2) Much more features including playing each ball or over of a match, changing agrression with accordance to the demand of the situation
3) Review your performance with graphs and charts[/B]

Sounds gr8 m8. but pls make it freeware :). well it's up to u i spose.

Cloete

International Captain
just had some more thoughts. instead of only getting alot of money from book-makers i think that u should get money from advertising if u do really well as well as getting bonuses for scoring 50's and 100's all of these should be less than money from book-makers so it's still tempting to take money from them. o and also u should be able to buy better bats, and this should improve ur skill as long as the bat lasts. but make the better bats more expensive. n e way hopefully u can add some of the things i'd like to see.

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
Thanks once again

Thanks for including my game in your site.....at last. Thanks for all the compliments.

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
cricketer 2003

Well i will deal with all questions in points

1)about making cricketer 2003 freeware......Well i want to earn some money from from it. well if you can advise me on earning from it in some other way, i will make it freeware.

2)I will soon provide the following updated features for cricketer.
-ability to load/save
-the game possibily won''t end when you become captain(i am still thinking how to end it.
-and possibily something else(not something very new

3)about cricketer 2003..These are the official tentative features of cricketer 2003
-Better Graphics
-Ability to do all the things a normal good game can, like loading , saving, help files etc(may be menu based)
-Ability to select a career of a batsman, bowler(option of fast bowler/spinner), wicket keeper or an all rounder
-batting options include defensive, medium, aggressive, leave the ball, attempt only six(only in crucial overs)
-fast balling option include run containing, medium, attacking, attempt yorker(only in crucial overs)
-player areas including, skill, form, fitness
-when u play a match, you would be told about , whether your team is batting first or bowling, and what is the team score when u came out to bat (including the overs).
-match result affects your form
-win the man of the match awards(cash)
-u can play the match ball by ball (or may be over by over)
-better training sessions, different training for improvement in a particular area
-injuries during matches and their treatment
-get sponsered by companies, buy different types of bat with varying costs.
-do add campaigns(not sure)
-get salary

i will soon update my site with these features

So tell me now, if i make this freeware firstly it would be too big a for freeware game. and secondly after investing in so much time i will get nothing.

Now tell me , wouldn't it a beter if i make it a cheap shareware game.

If you want me to make it freeware, give me some other ways of earning through the game

Also, cricketer 2003 will be delayed, as i will be having my exams(i am in high school, 16yrs of age).

i will also start a new thread for cricketer 2003 in the shareware section, so pls visit it

Help spread the fever of cricketer

Rich2001

International Captain
1/ How to end the game?

What about when you retire, add some sort of time / date so that say when you reach 35 you are forced to retire, or maybe even take the game in reverse rather than get sacked and that's it game over, why not get offers from previous clubs to return and gain some form back.

2/ There's only two possible ways that come to mind....

- Ask for donations

- Get your game aboustly fine tuned and see if a comerical developer would sell your game, it's not impossible if the games good enough, people who visit CricketGames.com will be able to tell you a forum member (Oli Norwell) developed a game and it's now on general sale at all computer games stores after Medias Interactive (Or something like that) saw the game.

hanifv

Cricket Spectator
cricketer 1.2(update for 1.1) is here

Guys the update is here

After all the requests for not ending the game as soomn as you become captain, i have made an update for the 1.1 version

1.2 version has these features

-load/save games
-after the game ends, it doen't completely quit
-the game is not over when you become the captain, instead it continues till retirement

rich2001, thanks for your advise, i will possibily make a 1.3 ver and add the career going backwards stlye.

James could you please include the update in the downloads section

download the update from my site.

www.viranisoftwares.tk

thanks

Cloete

International Captain
hey m8 gr8 news. but cricketweb doesn't seem to have the updated version and ur site isn't working!! pls tell me how i can get the update!! AS I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT!!!:D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i really want to play this game, except it wont work on my computer.
I run windows 95, Isnt it made to work on 95?