• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do people know of this game?

sideshowtim

Banned
From cricinfo in the quote/unquote section:

Quote ... unquote

"The concept of living and experiencing a virtual life of a cricketer is appealing and I am confident that the gamers will enjoy playing this game."
Mike Hussey, cricketer and now apparently virtual cricketer, gets roped in to be brand ambassador for a new Sims-style cricket game where you can experience life off the pitch, too

Anyone know anything about it?

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
^ Wow sounds interesting. I've always liked the idea of having a "career" in cricket games similar to golf games, where you can work on skills. I knwo you can do this in BRIC, but it would be nice if it were more visual.

pasag

RTDAS
From cricinfo in the quote/unquote section:

Quote ... unquote

"The concept of living and experiencing a virtual life of a cricketer is appealing and I am confident that the gamers will enjoy playing this game."
Mike Hussey, cricketer and now apparently virtual cricketer, gets roped in to be brand ambassador for a new Sims-style cricket game where you can experience life off the pitch, too

Anyone know anything about it?
Mike Hussey Endorsing Cricket Life 08

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm, works for me, anyways here's the words and photos from that link:

Mike Hussey Endorsing Cricket Life 08

Canadian video games developer and publisher Gamebience have sent word that Mike Hussey will be endorsing their forthcoming game, Cricket Life 08 (formerly known as Cricket Life 2007).

About Cricket Life 08:
Cricket Life 08 features a double treat for cricket lovers, allowing them to not only play a cricket game, but to live a virtual life as a cricketer and experience the peaks and lows of his life. The game features over 40 stadia from all over the world and allows the player to achieve success in professional and personal life while facing a wide range of difficulties including injuries, media scandals and team rivalries.

Cricket Life 08 combines elements from sports, business, strategy, management, simulation genre into a single game. The player can make a decision on which sponsorship and media contracts to sign, handle team contract issues, hire and fire managers and personal coaches, and even select a sports management firm to represent him in marketing deals, thus giving an exceptional experience to the player.

Mike Hussey seems to be excited with the whole thing. He says, “I am fascinated by the inspiring storyline of Cricket Life 08. The notion of living and experiencing a virtual life of a cricketer is appealing and I am confident that the gamers will enjoy playing this game.”

George Fredericks, Public Relations Manager, Gamebience quotes, “Cricket Life 2007-08 is a game about experiencing a cricketer’s life and we are excited to associate Mike with this game, who has so quickly risen to international fame while facing a lot of challenges on the way to success.”

Johnny Whitmore is the director of Stellar Group Limited, who work on behalf of Mike Hussey. He says, “Mike is at present recognized as one of the best batsmen in world cricket and it is fitting that he should be associated with such a fantastic and unique game. Mike is looking forward to his role and he will prove to be a terrific ambassador for Cricket Life 08.”

Cricket Life 08 has been developed in-house by Gamebience and will be launched later this year for the PC. It will come in a 2-DVD pack with over 8GB of game content. Cricket lovers usually get titles that just allow them to play a match, but I am sure they will enjoy Cricket Life 08 as it will give them something different.

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The link worked for me as well.

Wow, that looks mightily impressive. I am actually really looking forward to seeing this game. 2 DVDs of game, I cannot wait.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Wow. If they do this game properly, they could have a winner on their hands. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hmmm... I might hold out until they release the "Shane Warne Expansion Pack", which will enhance the off-field aspects by allowing the player to get it on with two models at a time in front of a hidden camera, and send and receive text messages...

Last edited: