• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC3)

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test - Day One)

Bangladesh - 194/2

M.Hossain - 71no
K.Saleh - 48no

An hour's play was lost to rain, but the home side have made a great start!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test - Day Two)

Bangladesh - 415

M.Hossain - 130
Q.Islam - 67
K.Saleh - 51
S.Bond - 4/92
B.Martin - 3/59
M.Mason - 3/100

New Zealand - 112/1

P.Fulton - 65
S.Fleming - 42no

Young Bangladeshi opening batsman Hossain stole the show on Day Two with a magnificent century on debut to lead his side to a big score.
In reply, Peter Fulton looked imperial and it was a surprise when he fell just before stumps.
A crucial batting effort coming up on Day Three.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Great work from Mehrab Hossain.
The thing that worries me slightly is that the pitch is already turning and the Bangladeshis have three quality spinners. :blink:
Just as well the NZ side was selected with that in mind, eg, Vincent playing instead of McMillan. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that worries me slightly is that the pitch is already turning and the Bangladeshis have three quality spinners. :blink:
Just as well the NZ side was selected with that in mind, eg, Vincent playing instead of McMillan. :)
McMillan is a much better player of spin than Vincent, at least in real life.

Graham

3rd Umpire
McMillan is a much better player of spin than Vincent, at least in real life.
Perhaps in real life, but in the game, McMillan has a strong preference for pace bowling whereas Vincent has a slight preference towards spin.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test - Day Three)

Bangladesh - 415

M.Hossain - 130
Q.Islam - 67
K.Saleh - 51
S.Bond - 4/92
B.Martin - 3/59
M.Mason - 3/100

New Zealand - 519/6

L.Vincent - 135no
J.Oram - 110no
S.Fleming - 91
P.Fulton - 65
J.Ryder - 56
N.Samad - 3/147

What a magnificent day's cricket as we piled on over 400 runs against the young Bangladeshi attack! :-O
at 285/6, it looked as though we might concede a first innings lead, but then Lou Vincent and Jacob Oram put together a swashbuckling record stand for the seventh wicket to put us firmly in the box seat! :)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good effort from Vincent and Oram there!

Btw wheres Ross Taylor? I've just downloaded the demo and went for an exhibition NZ vs Aus match, won (with NZ) by 6 wickets with Taylor making 98*. Other impressive efforts were Tuffey 5/21(10) and Bond 1/19(10).

Graham

3rd Umpire
Good effort from Vincent and Oram there!

Btw wheres Ross Taylor? I've just downloaded the demo and went for an exhibition NZ vs Aus match, won (with NZ) by 6 wickets with Taylor making 98*. Other impressive efforts were Tuffey 5/21(10) and Bond 1/19(10).
Ross Taylor is a bit of a dud in my game at present. Tuffey was close to selection in the current squad, but just missed the cut.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ross Taylor is a bit of a dud in my game at present. Tuffey was close to selection in the current squad, but just missed the cut.
Fair enough. 20-20 match with England resulted in a 1 run win. :D Styris excellent restricting the English batsmen in that match, no other standouts.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test - Day Four)

Bangladesh - 415

M.Hossain - 130
Q.Islam - 67
K.Saleh - 51
S.Bond - 4/92
B.Martin - 3/59
M.Mason - 3/100

New Zealand - 580

L.Vincent - 150
J.Oram - 132
S.Fleming - 91
P.Fulton - 65
J.Ryder - 56
K.Arafat - 4/195
Q.Islam - 3/99
N.Samad - 3/174

Bangladesh - 203/8

Q.Islam - 53
M.Mason - 3/45

We're now on the verge of gaining a win that seemed highly unlikely after the first couple of days.
The first innings lead was stretched out to 165 runs, enough to place an awful lot of pressure back onto the home side.
All of our bowlers did their part, and with Gillespie managing to scone Q.Bashar and putting him out of the game when he was stubbornly leading a fightback, we're one wicket away from chasing a small victory target! :cool:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test - All over before lunch on Day Five)

Bangladesh - 415

M.Hossain - 130
Q.Islam - 67
K.Saleh - 51
S.Bond - 4/92
B.Martin - 3/59
M.Mason - 3/100

New Zealand - 580

L.Vincent - 150
J.Oram - 132
S.Fleming - 91
P.Fulton - 65
J.Ryder - 56
K.Arafat - 4/195
Q.Islam - 3/99
N.Samad - 3/174

Bangladesh - 216

Q.Islam - 53
M.Mason - 3/45
B.Martin - 3/54

New Zealand - 54/0

1-0 up with one test remaining! :)
And Bruce Martin batted and bowled very well! :cool:

Bozo2c

Cricket Spectator
Its great stuff Graham, Love reading it, keep it up.

Iam having ago with NZ myself, didnt make it out of the Super 8's:blink: and i agree with u about Vettori, he is terrible in my game.

The Boz.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (2nd Test)

We went into the 2nd Test with an unchanged side, but there were a couple of changes to the Bangladesh side, one enforced through the injury to Bashar.

New Zealand

P.Fulton
S.Fleming (capt)
J.Ryder
M.Sinclair
T.Weston (wk)
L.Vincent
J.Oram
B.Martin
S.Bond
M.Gillespie
M.Mason