• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC3 Impressions/Discussion/Whatever

Graham

3rd Umpire
The LBW decisions are far too dodgy, both not outs and outs.
I realise there need to be some incorrect decisions given by the umpires, but there are far too many errors at present.
Actually it's not as bad as I thought. Probably mirrors real life quite nicely.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Spinners are still okay, but not unrealistically good as in previous versions.
Yes but my killer Yorkshire offspinners now wont win me every game :laugh:
btw, my above post = edited for swearing. Family forum and I somehow managed to avoid the filter :ph34r:

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like what I see

It's about time. I've been a critic of some of the past ICC releases. I accused them of just releasing the same game just with a different cover on it. I felt they were ripping off fans.

That's changed.

I've downloaded the trial version of icc three and like what I see.

I like the graphics, the shots and the likeness of players.

About time. Should have happened five years ago. Yet I am very happy with what I see.

:ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I know it’s an aesthetic critique but having downloaded the trial version I was astonished by how awful the game engine was. Seriously, the graphics are not even PSP worthy, awful animations and any form of realism is non-existent (other than Monty’s turban). Say what you will about the old game but at least its 'engine' was relatively ‘smooth’.

darko21

U19 Debutant
I agree partly with the crispness of the graphics, looking at the current generation of sport games graphics that come from RPIC or Cricket 07 (even Fifa 07). However, the biggest thing for me is my graphics card not being able to show kit colours properly and the bat, ball and crowd are all black. I think this is still the best update in a while and the developers have set a foundation for future releases with better graphics. The only way is up!

iamdavid

International Debutant
Anybody know of a retailer who stocks it in Australia ??....EB, Harvey Norman or whoever ?...I want it but cbf buying it online lol

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I was in EB a couple of days ago, didn't see it. We'll probably be getting it later, I think it's available earlier online.

darko21

U19 Debutant
I think it coems out physically in Australia in August sometime.

Just a few queries/observations:
- Anyone else struggle to bowl out Sri Lanka?
- Thilan Samaraweera seems to be as good as Gary Sobers. Watch out people!
- The Australian bowling lineup is crap with Lee the only one averaging less than 40.
- I seemed to have lost Symonds after the County Season. Do retirements now occur in the middle of the year due to contracts for the English County?
- Still no one day records. This makes me very angry (in Marvin the Martian voice)
- Ronchi is a better keeper than Gilchrist (?)
- Playing as Warwickshire and Naqqash Tahir has been contracted to England (?)

Isura

U19 Captain
Seems like they have changed a few things just for the sake of change. Like the interface for searching for players. And now you can't specify highlight details for batting and bowlign separately. match engine hasn't been improved much.. but the 3d graphics is at least a step in the right direction