• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Details on International Cricket Captain - World Cup Year 2007 released

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be great...but they might as well drop the "World Cup Year" off the title!

Isura

U19 Captain
My guess is that it is very hard to implement much without the funding etc.

Hence there's no changes to the game play or anything.

Mind you I'm not a programmer so wouldn't know how easy it would be to in effect rewrite huge parts of a game in my spare time...
That is ridiculous. If their game was written correctly, adding new fixtures like a new domestic league should not require tinkering with the core gameplay code. They are making a profit on previous versions, so the funding problem seems odd. This is really bad business practice by the makers, and is the reason why I will never buy another copy of ICC. Atleast give past users a cheap option to upgrade. Don't charge full price for data updates.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Iv'e herd its release date is 8/6/07...I'll be buying it. The Ashes Edition was a classic, this has to be a good sign.

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sorry but ICC 2006 Ashes edition was a classic? I would agree with you if it wasnt just ICC 2001 with a data update.

ICC 2007 will be exactly the same. Sure it might have new graphics, a slight data update, and a new promoter, but the gameplay will be EXACTLY the same. There will be few sixes, no overall records, same glitches (such as New Zealand having their best innings bowling being 15 for something by Hadlee). Bowlers will dominate in AI matches, even though that is clearly not the way international cricket is going.

If Childsih Things or whoever is programming this actually comes out and says otherwise, I know I wont be buying it. I will just continue playing ICC 2006.

graydon_123

Cricket Spectator
Sorry but ICC 2006 Ashes edition was a classic? I would agree with you if it wasnt just ICC 2001 with a data update.

ICC 2007 will be exactly the same. Sure it might have new graphics, a slight data update, and a new promoter, but the gameplay will be EXACTLY the same. There will be few sixes, no overall records, same glitches (such as New Zealand having their best innings bowling being 15 for something by Hadlee). Bowlers will dominate in AI matches, even though that is clearly not the way international cricket is going.

If Childsih Things or whoever is programming this actually comes out and says otherwise, I know I wont be buying it. I will just continue playing ICC 2006.

How is NZ's best match bowling of 15 wickets a glitch? Hadlee did get a 15 wicket match in real life

OrsonWelles

Sorry, I should have specified. In ICC 2006 the best INNINGS was Richard Hadlee with 15 wickets. It was a glitch, but it was the same glitch in 2001 as well.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Iv'e herd its release date is 8/6/07...I'll be buying it. The Ashes Edition was a classic, this has to be a good sign.
I'm not optimistic about the 8th, with that date being less than a week away and still not having heard anything.

OrsonWelles

Well, should we expect anything less from ICC? The last two games were dumped in stores without much forewarning.

OrsonWelles

Well, that is interesting. I like the look of it as well. Maybe they are going to be changing it quite a bit from previous years.

It would also show swing and spin, which is something previous ICC games have not. Thanks for the screenshot Ed.