Cricket Player Manager

Thread: QuickSingle card game - any news?

Cricket Spectator

QuickSingle card game - any news?

I'm looking to get a couple of extra copies of the QuickSingle cricket card game. I seem to recall that the game had its own forum here a while back. Is the game now out of print? I can't seem to contact the manufacturer. I find it hard to believe, and sad, that such a great game might be no more.

Cricket Spectator
    Also, does anyone know the name of the person who designed the game. I'm hoping to update the entry for QuickSingle at boardgamegeek.com. They only have it listed as designed by the company (CKC International).

With the official website gone, I can only assume that it's no longer being made.

You can download the demo though - http://www.cricketweb.net/cricketgam...ngle/index.php

Cricket Spectator
    The website is still there, but under a different name. It's now at http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~ckc/index.htm

I've been on a bit of a crusade about this game for a while now. I think it's the best cricket themed game that's in a board or card game format. There are some bad cricket games out there (not really the developers' fault as they often date from the 1950s and were intended for kids) so QUICKSingle makes a bit of a change in that it's fun to play and involves skill and a well-integrated cricket theme.

By the way, QUICKSingle is listed here at Boardgamegeek.com. If there are people here who enjoyed it, it could do with a bit of a ratings boost over there, as so far it's only had a single review (mine) and four ratings, and in order to get recognised in the site's ratings it needs 30 ratings.
    Last edited by Beery; 26-01-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Thread Information