• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A question on coaching

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I was wondering if anyone can explain to me how the coaching works in ICC 06.

For example, im coaching South Africa and in the game Dale Steyn is fairly average. Now if I want to coach him what's the plan of attack? do I use bowling coach for awhile or do I use bowling technique? whats the difference between the two and how do I effectively use them for bowling and even batting?

thanks.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Coaching I find not that fantastic in improving a player's average. I found using it on a plyaer for several months in Domestic league made him have more injuries and loss in form.

It works well with players under 24. Anyone over it jsut does nothing.

Lanceknight

Cricket Spectator
Keep 'em on technique until they reach about 26.

Technique works on their actual game and has long term benefits so you only notice it in terms of performance. Whilst practice is a short term fix that will increase form and hopefully performance in the short term.

For example if I was in charge of England with a squad of 12 for a home test match, I would normally technique just about anyone under 26, yet practice the players most in need over 26.