• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EAC and BLIC 2007

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Hey all, I'm looking forward to the releases of these two new games. Apparently they will both be improved in most areas, in particular the batting side of EAC 2007. Although I don't own either, it seems that both previous versions of these games had their faults. EAC 2007 had great graphics and presentation but the gameplay was a big letdown and apparently batting was almost impossible. BLIC had rather basic graphics and seemed very fast-paced and repetitive, however the gameplay was fun and even bowling could be enjoyable. I still think EAC 2004 was a great game but for a few niggly technical errors. Game editors really helped to make it more fun too.

What are people's opinions of these new games? Which one would you buy out of the two? When is BLIC 2007 being released in the UK?

Thanks.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
As an owner of EA Cricket 07 I can safely say it is the best cricket game ever...it is the potential everyone saw in EA Cricket 2005, halfed out. This game is not perfect by any means; but is unrepetitive; has great edges and has a 100% liscensed (including ad boards) ashes mode.

BLIC 07 will be released in March 2007 to coincide with the ICC Cricket World Cup and without a doubt boasts the best line up of features, ever...sadly; the game has a high possibility of being as repetitive and as unrealistic as its previous version. BLIC 07 will likely have very few bugs as it is undergoing 2 months of bug testing (as far as I know) but the question is; will it be a more solid, professional game like the EA series or still a flimsy yet fun piece of rubbish.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I think you're being a big harsh on Codies.
BLIC2005 was certainly not a flimsy yes fun piece of rubbish whereas C07 by many accounts is a flimsey and boring piece of rubbish.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nah disagreed, BLIC to me feels like a cartoon after playing C2007.. Although BLIC was better than C2005, C2007 really beats it..

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Langeveldt said:
Nah disagreed, BLIC to me feels like a cartoon after playing C2007.. Although BLIC was better than C2005, C2007 really beats it..
I haven't played C07 so I have to rely on hearsay!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Having tonnes of fun playing Cricket 2007. Easily beats any other EA Cricket game ever made.

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
So I presume Cricket 07 is much better than 2004 and 2005 then? I actually thought 2004 was a decent effort and it was fun with the editors. Didn't like 2005 at all despite the great presentation.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I've got EA Cricket '07 for the Ps2, and its a really decent game, not alot of bugs as the last one, I'm defintley getting BLIC07/RPIC07 to see how it has changed.

DCC_legend

International Regular
when does BLIC come out for the ps2 coz i cudnt find it anywer!! ive got Cricket 05 and Cricket 07 and 07 is way better!!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't. It's only on 360 and PC.
If you are talking about BLIC 07 then I disagree.

I am sure it is coming out on ps2, 360 and PC because on a codies newsletter they boasted the four player offline mode for ps2 players.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
If you are talking about BLIC 07 then I disagree.

I am sure it is coming out on ps2, 360 and PC because on a codies newsletter they boasted the four player offline mode for ps2 players.
Sorry that came out wrong.
Online play is only for the PC and Xbox360. The game will still be released on the PS2.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi Guys Am sorry but I feel both the games need lot of maturity... both are not even close to average... Anyone know whats the next cricket game & coming when?