• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soccer-Sim Version 2.0

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
The wait is finally over...

Presenting Soccer-Sim Version 2.0 for all the soccer enthusiasts around. With this release the focus is to make Soccer-Sim a complete league simulator.

As you can expect, after three months of hard work, I really came out with something really good with this version. Now, you'll have the ability to expand the game to your liking as easy as you can expect.

The other really nice features in this version are:

* Superb Graphical Representation
* Variable Weather Conditions
* Crowd Attendance Register
* Option to play Golden Goal
* Option for Penalty Shoot Out
* New Instant Result Mode
* Improved Full Simulation Mode
* Team Behavior on Skill Factors
* Real Players and Attributes
* Team/Player Editor
* Stadium Editor
* Player Selection Ability
* League Tables
* Top Scorer Charts

Don't waste any more time reading this, check it out for yourself.
The download link is -

http://www.cricketweb.net/cgi-bin/h.../www.cricketweb.net/gaming/socsim2/ssv200.zip[/url]

[Edited on 27/10/2002 by QuickFire]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
It is awesome sumit , you lived up to the expectations for an update !!

Great job , im sure there is more to come and ill do my part in helping you achieve that

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Thanks a lot, lord...

I hope all others like it as well.
You can post your suggesstions and comments in this thread.

windoz

Cricket Spectator
Source Code

Hi everyone,

Soccer sim V2.0 has certainly been improved, but is there any chance of looking at the source code.

By looking at the source code, it would be a good way of allowing other coders to modify and try to improve the game itself. (graphics, coding, etc..then reposting any updates back at this site...)

If not then I would like to volunteer for providing any VB support to the game designer (sumit). (I have 5 years of soild VB experience behind me)

Regards,
Windoz.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
* Can't change game speed.
* Not enough teams
* Graphics are OK, but I'd prefer something like GOAL (you know that really good, but low graphic quality country sim).

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Source Code

Hi everyone,

Soccer sim V2.0 has certainly been improved, but is there any chance of looking at the source code.

By looking at the source code, it would be a good way of allowing other coders to modify and try to improve the game itself. (graphics, coding, etc..then reposting any updates back at this site...)

If not then I would like to volunteer for providing any VB support to the game designer (sumit). (I have 5 years of soild VB experience behind me)

Regards,
Windoz.
Hi windoz,

It's nice to know that someone as experienced as you is interested in Soccer-Sim and is willing to help. To be honest, I'm not at all willing to release the source code for Soccer-Sim as of now since I believe that I will be able to develop it further.

I have quite a few ideas in my mind which are yet to be implemented. I will do as soon as I can but unable to do so due to time limits. I believe you can help me with all your VB experience and join me in developing Soccer-Sim.

If you are serious about it, please e-mail me as soon as you can.

Thanks.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
* Can't change game speed.
* Not enough teams
* Graphics are OK, but I'd prefer something like GOAL (you know that really good, but low graphic quality country sim).
Hi Paid The Umpire,

I am not very clear on all your suggesstions or comments. It will be nice if you can elaborate them further. For example, by the line, "Can't change game speed" what do you mean?

Version 1.00 had five different speeds but after suggesstions from most of the users, the modes have been changed to Full Simulation and Instant Result.

Please clarify.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hey,

This is to all those who are really interested in Soccer-Sim.

I have already began work on the sequel that is Soccer-Sim v3.0 and you'll be happy to know that the coding is almost 75% complete.

Will give you more details on the progress as an when it happens. In the mean time, keep sending any suggesstion of yours.

Cheers

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Sorry about not getting back, had lots of stuff happening and forgot.

Please forgive me!

I can't remember if these are true or not so forgive me a second time.

* Can't change game speed - during the actual game (the pitch screen) there is only one speed setting. You should be able to slow it down or speed it up.
* Not enough teams - Currently you only had a few teams. I think it would be easier to 'manage' if they were club teams like Man U or Leeds etc.
* Graphics are OK, but I'd prefer something like GOAL (you know that really good, but low graphic quality country sim). - Goal was a 1990ish soccer manager by Wizard Games Of Scotland. It allowed you to pick a country and then train them, pick the teams and play matches and then try and get to the WC. The graphics were pretty poor, but it gave you what you needed...

It gave you the score, the time remaining (not including time-on), commentry (although not really highly descriptive), and the pitch. On the pitch you had all players on the field (and the three umpires) as little :) icons. They moved around on the screen as the 'players' the represented moved.

A version is available at THIS POSSIE!

Hopefully this helps.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
That's alright and thanks a lot.
If you have any suggesstions, you can send them to me. Similarly, if I need any help, I'll let you know.