• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who made your heart sink.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
You know the types, the ones who no matter what you do, whatever your plans are, they just always ruin them and smash you around the park or run through your batting lineup.

Dharmani the Indian keeper/batsman done my head in on ICC2002. On many occasions with India batting first I'd find myself restricting them to 180/5-200/5 slightly below par scores. Then bam! Dharmani in at 7 would smash me everywhere and score an annoyingly good and quick century, always averaged over 50 in test on 2002, was the Indian Gilchrist. Just didn't know how to stop him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ashley Giles, oddly enough. Always got the better of our batsman (and I think, every teams judging by his stats in the game) and then retired wth something like 1300 fc wickets.

A Chopra & S Carlisle have always been difficult to dismiss for some reason...

darko21

U19 Debutant
My two main nerve breakers are:
- Thilan Samaraweera (bat and ball)
- Michael Vaughan (sometimes pull out a fantastic century)

But surprisingly Dan Vettori is always bad for NZ or never picked. I dunno why this is.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For me it's Michael Lumb. I'm always scared of the Yorkshire top order, and once I get through them nice and early I feel quite good about the situation but 2-3 sessions later he's still there.

And I can't help but comment on your avatar UncleTheOne. Superb.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
_Ed_ said:
For me it's Michael Lumb. I'm always scared of the Yorkshire top order, and once I get through them nice and early I feel quite good about the situation but 2-3 sessions later he's still there.

And I can't help but comment on your avatar UncleTheOne. Superb.
Why thank you Sir. Was from the 19th December '04 when they played Earls Court in London. I was luckily enough to be there on the 20th.

And your avatar is from Hullabaloo I believe. :thumbup1:

hindleyite

Cricket Spectator
In the earlier games, Brian Lara seemed invincible, almost always digging his team out of tough situations. Same goes for most overseas players, and of course, my heart always sinks when Shane Warne comes on to bowl.

Aside from the obvious, I would say that Kevin Pietersen sometimes gives me a lot of whack, as do those annoying 'new' batsmen that the game generates you've never heard of. They can cheese you off because you don't know squat about them. Or maybe that's just me being lazy and I can't be bothered scouting them out in-game...

Bozo2c

Cricket Spectator
The whole South African tale !!!!! i have them 6 down for nothing then you blink and they have put 500 on you. Iam in 2019 and things havn't changed,No 5,6,7,8,9- All Rounders No10 - keeper No11 decent batting bowler. Soooo frustrating.:@