• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2007

Josh

International Regular
Legal reasons. We were told this would be the case when we visitied Codies and saw the game back in October.
That will annoy the expletive out of me!! Quite disappointing. I'd never even though of purchasing EA07 until reading that... Hmmm

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
The reviews on Amazon are pretty poor overall. I won't be buying this. Besides EAC20007 is a decent game, apart from the odd niggle.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Had it since Friday. First impressions were good but the more I play the more frustrated I get. Look out for a full CW review before Friday (I hope).

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's such a shame that the game has turned out this poor. I'll probably hire it out from the local video shop and give it a spin that way.

I'd question how far cricket games have come since Allan Border's Cricket (released around 1995 I believe).

We still have the same control system, seem to have the same AI. Very little seems to have actually improved except graphics.

Have Codemasters/EA Sports really raised the bar at all?

Is it just impossible to develop a good simulation cricket game?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The thing with the PS2 version, is that the actual gameplay is excellent, but the other stuff crummy, in a nutshell.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - I'm really really disappointed with the reviews on Amazon. I don't think I'll buy it without hiring it first now, whereas previously I was first in line. The decision not to include classic players or challenge matches surprised me when it was mentioned here months ago, but I was still prepared to give it a go in the hope that the game would at least meet the standards of the '05 version, but with the add-ons mentioned. Doesn't sound like that's what's happened, although I'll have to play it to judge for myself.

For me the main problem I had with 05 was the appalling AI of the computer captain when fielding. That doesn't sound like its been fixed at all...

Really upset actually, I've been looking forward to this for months... Just have to dig out my Xbox v.1 and the 05 game I suppose...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was gonna buy it today but thought i'd wait and see what others say, not sure if i'll bother getting it now if its really not an improvement on 05...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
After playing the demo (as much as I could with my GFX cards) I think I'll just stick with the EA game. At least I can patch it like there's no tomorrow.

simmy

International Regular
The game plays OK I guess, just a few things that annoy me.

Is it me or is catching extremely difficult? It may be that I am just using a joypad...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It is bloody difficult but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad. If you can bowl moderately competently you get enough chances to rectify everything anyhow.

Managed three catches in an over off Kenneth Carroll's leg spin as Ireland skittled Australia for 68 to continue their unbeaten march through the Super Eight...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
What's the problem with the user just editing like in the old ones? What is legal about it?
These are the same blokes that think it's a great idea to ban youtube clips.

If there's any chance you're allowed to play with the real names, this threatens EA's competitive advantage. Never mind that this creates a monopoly. :dry:

(one would think the selling of TV and gaming rights to one company only has to fly in the face of every competition regulation in existence...)

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
These are the same blokes that think it's a great idea to ban youtube clips.

If there's any chance you're allowed to play with the real names, this threatens EA's competitive advantage. Never mind that this creates a monopoly. :dry:

(one would think the selling of TV and gaming rights to one company only has to fly in the face of every competition regulation in existence...)
Interestingly the last EA game had fake names for every team except Aus/SA/NZ/Eng in all modes.

simmy

International Regular
One thing that really annoys me....

The AI open with the two best bowlers, regardless of who they are. Vettori opened the bowling for NZ and H.Singh for India. Very stupid.

Overall though I am enjoying the game, the two player is pretty fun.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like playing BLIC 2007 for a quick 6 over per side Champions Trophy / World Cup, but other than that it can be a bit of a drag. TAOC is our last hope...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not that hard to fix in the AI either, you'd have thought... It annoyed me a lot in 2005.

cameeel

International Captain
Well I bought the game yesterday, and while it's not as bad as some are making it out to be there are some things that need improving.

Good:

The Stadiums look much better than '05
Bowling speeds have been fixed, and swing is now much more realistic
The 360 degree batting radar is a great new feature
Cut-scenes between balls/overs are much improved
Animation looks good, if slightly overburdening on the cpu
The delicate shots and deflections are much better in '07
Sweeps and charging down the wicket are now implemented
Range of deliveries for spinners is now much better
Close-in fielders are actually useful
Yorkers/Bouncers no longer slow down to 60 km/h

Bad:

Mid On/Off and the bowler always throw down the stumps for no apparent reason
Too easy to hit boundaries, though altering power in the player editor may fix this
You can't play a test series between 2 teams, only an exhibition match
No classic matches, but this isn't a huge problem
Still no bowler fatigue, Flintoff and Harmison bowled through the first 40 overs of a test match.

Personally I think is a better game than '05, but unfortunately small issues such as throwing down the stumps take some of the shine off the game. Biggest oversight for mine is not being able to play a Test match series, I've got no idea why Codemasters would omit this.

7/10

Last edited: