• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2007

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not on Live unfortunately... don't ask. :(

I screwed up with the release date in Australia - its been pushed back to 29 March. Do you think I wasn't disappointed when I walked into EB with my $110 clutched in my hand?

cameeel

International Captain
Not on Live unfortunately... don't ask. :(

I screwed up with the release date in Australia - its been pushed back to 29 March. Do you think I wasn't disappointed when I walked into EB with my $110 clutched in my hand?
I did the exact same thing...

Damn Codemasters Australia website still says March 23rd is the release date.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I got it for PS2 yesterday, and it has good points and bad points to it.

Good
Much easier to pierce the field when batting with fielders close in a ring.
You can take away the bowling reticule and pitch marker when you're batting, to make it more reaction based, and more fun imo.
You can sweep/slog sweep and go down the track, which both work well.
Much improved graphics of ground and pitches.
Easier to move field placings now, you just need to use the shoulder buttons.
World cup format works really well, much better than I thought it would be.
Radar graphs shows you where the analog stick is pointing and where you are going to hit it.

Bad
As far as I can see, you can't change the names of the players in non-licsensed events, such as custom test matches and custom ODIs, this is the main bad thing, and I know it is going to drive me crazy.
No classic players and challenges like in BLIC 2005, which were good fun and added an extra dimension to the game.
A much smaller range of grounds. I'm not sure if you have to unlock them or not, I hope so.
Can be too easy, I went straight to test mode, and had to take off all the helping things when batting (ie pitch marker and reticules, radar graphs and timing meters), I fear that when I play on it a bit more, then it will be boring because it will be too easy.

I'm sure there are more, and I'll edit them in later.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
A much smaller range of grounds. I'm not sure if you have to unlock them or not, I hope so.
Last time around, they actually only had six stadiums but used the same six grounds as the 50 grounds you saw in game. This time around they have more stadium models, but less duplication from what I'm told.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ah thanks for clearing that up.

I am desperate to know whether I can change the unlicsensed names like you could in BLIC 2005.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I am desperate to know whether I can change the unlicsensed names like you could in BLIC 2005.
No you can't do it ingame - only possible with the PC version.
It might be possible to do the same as we did for C07 and make a PS2 patch but I'd need to see the files.