• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Players Who Came To Nothing

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
has anyone mentioned jim troughton yet? for he is surely worth a mention, andrew puttick is another who is worthy of a mention here.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jim Troughton, definitely. In 2005, 2006 he was always in the England side and scoring runs too. AND taking a few wickets here and there.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vinod Kambli in ICC 2005 is another.
As is Matt Inness, Andrew McDonald & Paul Rofe. (ICC 2005)
Strangly, David Hussey never seemed to do well for me.
Shoaib Khan & Sajewa Wekawoon are very good also.

cpr

International Coach
Heh, yeah, Troughton was always a shoe in for the one dayers. Never managed to get consistant bat out of him, but handy SLA for the latter overs. KP's spin has always been a bit over rated in ICC too.

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
yeah, samaraweera and mills do my head in. mikey munday might not be the finished real life article, but in the game he was by far and away the best in the world

DCC_legend

International Regular
Owais Shah was terrible in ODIs in ICC 2006. Averaged 19.5 after 35 games. Struck 100 and 2 50s in a series vs the Windies (who have a very good bowling attack, spearheaded by Ryan Nurse) but hasn't produced since. Good test player though. Averaging a touch over 42 with 5 100s and 13 50s. There's a fair few gun younger players coming through in 2015 which is good to see. KP still churning out the 50s and 100s too.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, samaraweera and mills do my head in. mikey munday might not be the finished real life article, but in the game he was by far and away the best in the world
Agree with this, Munday had it all. Never had a season where he took less than 100 wickets, and handy with the bat too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sean ervine was pretty good for me on icc2005, though tbf round that time in real life he was pretty damn good for hampshire, alas, he hasnt been as good since his long injury lay off.

cpr

International Coach
Agree with this, Munday had it all. Never had a season where he took less than 100 wickets, and handy with the bat too.
Less handy batting wise on ICC3, still chuck him straight into the test squad though, him and monty are unstoppable on a spin track

_Ed_

There's an Indian bowler who just tore my NZ team apart, Siddharth Trivedi.

194 Test wickets @ 21.1
110 ODI wickets @ 17.8

Never heard of the guy. I'm guessing he's not quite as good as that in real life though, am I correct in this assumption?

morgieb

For ICC 2002....

Bassano
Dean
Hutchison
Bell (to some extent)
Dawes (though wasn't really in international contention)
Samaraweera (yeah, his batting's good, but IRL he isn't a world class all-rounder)
Mills (opposite of Samaraweera)
Sodhi
S Singh
Muzamdar
Sriram
Reddy
Dharamini
Nasim Khan
There's probably more, but I CBF thinking about it.