• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anyone ever talk

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Meh, sounds good for me. I normally play only one quickie, two spinners and open with a quick-allrounder.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I play 4-4-2, with the wingers pushing forwards to inject some pace into the ruck. The key is to play to the strengths of the players at your disposal, but quality at 1st base, designated hitter and point guard is a must.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I play 4-4-2, with the wingers pushing forwards to inject some pace into the ruck. The key is to play to the strengths of the players at your disposal, but quality at 1st base, designated hitter and point guard is a must.
How do you set up for lineouts and 4th down plays? I can't seem to find the correct tactics for those situations, and it's hurting me when it comes to crunch situtions where I have to pot off the cush or play a high backspin shot with a sand wedge.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
How do you set up for lineouts and 4th down plays? I can't seem to find the correct tactics for those situations, and it's hurting me when it comes to crunch situtions where I have to pot off the cush or play a high backspin shot with a sand wedge.
Lineouts work best if you have a really good leggie like Warne and employ serve and volley tactics. As for the 4th down tactics, I haven't worked out them yet either. Atm, I just bring my wicketkeeper up to the stumps and set two men out in baulk and the centre square, hoping for a mistimed slap shot. They're buggers aren't they?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
steds said:
FaaipDeOiad said:
steds said:
Lineouts work best if you have a really good leggie like Warne and employ serve and volley tactics. As for the 4th down tactics, I haven't worked out them yet either. Atm, I just bring my wicketkeeper up to the stumps and set two men out in baulk and the centre square, hoping for a mistimed slap shot. They're buggers aren't they?
You're both wrong. As long as you have two solid all-rounders up front and a back row with pace and seam movement, you'll be fine - just make sure to avoid misfields in the midfield and you'll have plenty of time inside the 22 before the shot-clock runs out. Oh, and remember to make sure you play a baseline game against the continental sides, otherwise your quarterback won't get the space he needs to nail that important late-overs eagle at the par five 12th.

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
man ur complicating things,

having 4 4 2 is great, 2 openers up front hayden and langer do the job, then the midfielders, beckham, zidane, gerrard, ronaldinho will do the job of some beatiful cross for forwards to smack sixes. Then slips at the back, taylor,waugh, dravid, warne and boonie will handle the rest and defend the keeper from any serious shots from the middle.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
You're both wrong. As long as you have two solid all-rounders up front and a back row with pace and seam movement, you'll be fine - just make sure to avoid misfields in the midfield and you'll have plenty of time inside the 22 before the shot-clock runs out. Oh, and remember to make sure you play a baseline game against the continental sides, otherwise your quarterback won't get the space he needs to nail that important late-overs eagle at the par five 12th.
Matt, you forgot to say that the goaltender must be set to 'half pike with double somersault' mode, to ensure a minimum loss of the strike through spares and the occasional baseline lob.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm having some trouble with the set-piece instructions for my back pocket. Every time we go into a power play in the third quarter, he loses control of the puck and my sweeper is too busy dealing with their wide reciever to come over and help out. Inevitably, we give up too much space under the basket and an easy try results.

Can anyone help me out?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm having some trouble with the set-piece instructions for my back pocket. Every time we go into a power play in the third quarter, he loses control of the puck and my sweeper is too busy dealing with their wide reciever to come over and help out. Inevitably, we give up too much space under the basket and an easy try results.

Can anyone help me out?
Its probably because of the opposition flooding. Try and get the ball outside of the D and pass it off to a Rocca or a Frings and then kick it long to the twenty yard zone where you should be able to run it through the goalkeeper.