• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hattrick

nibbs

International Captain
i play... my squad at full strength would have to be

Code:
                       Nurjaman GK (Brilliant)
McIntosh D (Excellent) - Baker CD (Supernatural) - Taylor D (Excellent)
 Ramirez IM (Brilliant, Passable Passing) Barda IM (World Class), Gournay IM (World Class)
Vidal W (Solid, Solid PM)                           Ibn-Nabil W (Supernatural)
            Kaur ST (Formidible) - Vandenbussche ST (Outstanding)

Cloete

International Captain
I'd be interested to know why people play Hattrick.

I've tried twice to get a team and get into it but lost itnerest after 1-2 weeks both times. i'd be interested to know why though. Because I play Sokker and I just compare it to that and I could never enjoy Hattrick because of it.

In Hattrick plkayers have no talent, you only bother to train 1 skill, there are no tactics just 5 midfidlers, 3 defenders and 2 strikers mostly. Whereas in Sokker you can watch your matches in 2D, see how the players perform and work out what skills they need (secondaries are really important as if they have no pace they will be slow around the field, no technique you can watch them stuff up their 1st touch etc.), you can create your own tactic by putting the players in positions on 35 squares of the field and players have individual talent (you can figure this out by watching the junior school) and also of other subtle things.

Yes, this is blatant advertising for Sokker :D. But I really would like to know what you guys see in HT.

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
they are both pretty crap if you ask me me, but HT is differently worse then Sokker. Atlest with Sokker i hanged around for a month or two. Im trying this new game out:

http://www.freewebs.com/football_academy/index.htm

Can't really comment on it yet, but it seems better then those other two mentioned.
It looks ok. I don't like anything without a graphical match engine these days though :p