• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2006 now avaible for trial (download)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Already tried running 2005 with 2006's db's, didn't work. Maybe there's a simple lock on them that someone could break?

darko21

U19 Debutant
My Verdict

I downloaded this just a while back (took 3 hours, slow internet) and I must say that I am disappointed. Even knowing that this version is basically a data update, I still wanted something to entice meto buy it. Nothing of the sort. I played as Australia (of course) and first this i noticed... a Pakistani bowler playing for Assam in the Australian profiles? What? Then I saw something new, 20 over match statistics. This is a good sign because in ICC2005 we see the 20 over match stats go into One Day Domestic stats.

So onto the Bangladesh series. I selected a team not far removed from the current squad, with Martyn and Ponting part time keepers (?). I skipped the test series and moved to the One Day series because I wanted to see powerplay in action. I was disappointed. Okay, powerplay is not fantastic to satrt with but you only get to use 2 powerplays (field restrictions). The powerplay for the super sub is not in the game! Why promote that powerplays are in the game when only 2 of 3 are included? Maybe I have to buy the game to unlock this but I would certainly hope not.

The engine is the same, although the first match I played against Bangladesh I won by 204 runs, bowling Bangers out for 130 odd. The stats are updated but that still isn't enough.
VERDICT: Sticking to ICC 2005 for a while. Save me pennies...

WISH LIST​
- More domestic teams
- More depth (under 19s, minnows, 'a' sides)
- Career Record tracking (!)
- More 6s in the game. If not, a mode to "look for 6s."
- Early retirements, career ending injuries, personal reasons to not tour, retirement from one version of the game (eg. only Test player)

I will like to hear coments from people about the English domestic experience eg. Kolpak players, domestic format etc.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
well i have found that Ervine and Pothas not kolpaks Goodwin's finally a kolpak :) Hopkinson should be an opener and Plunkett should be an al-rounder and Powell (both) are not keepers and Maynard retired last year!!! thats all i can remeber now as i'm at school

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
no of seconds to spot a data error. 2

(They've wiped all Mark Chiltons bowling record... not a good start there!)

aesthetically looks an improvement. Seperate 20/20 records is good, put the scores back on top of the form bars. Little niggly things that needed doing.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
Neither is Solanki...

I've been playing 2002 for ages and the 2006 isn't alot different. On 2002 I was frustrated by the lack of English Wicket Keeper batsmen. Now we've got to many. Strauss and Solanki are the only surprising ones I can remember.