• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Exclusive - New International Cricket Captain Versions Coming Soon!

Blaze

Banned
So they are charging $60 for an updated database?

How about some improvements in the match engine?

It is a great game, and I still play it lots but they owe it to the fans to actually put a decent update out there...

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Cool! Can someone ask them if we can play with MORE Domestic Teams, and get sacked from our jobs? Thats what the ICC Series need.

Dodgy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Corbin said:
thats a aboustle joke, they have ripped us 2005er's off!
Play the demo and if you like that, buy the game, post your thoughts here and let other users make up there own mind. I bought ICC2000, and have been happily playing that, albeit with Kentland's database patch for the last 6 months or so, and have only in the last few weeks bought ICC2005. On ebay, cheap as chips, change from 10 quid.

Personally, I can see myself hanging out until the 2007 edition, which means I will probably get it after the world cup when it is cheap.

I must be part Scotish....

darko21

U19 Debutant
Ideas from improvements

- One Day Stats - as said by other users, I would be more into the game then.
- Record Book - More than just highest score. An on-going career stats page with the ability to look at previous careers of players like Bradman, Akram, Sobers etc.
- Change the oval - Please!
- Multiple bowling actions - players like Symonds etc. have the ability to bowl other actions. Either an option to change before an over or before innings. Also having pacemen vary their run-up as another tactic.
- Career threatening injuries - Like Langer the other day (even though he is still going to play) have an injury threaten a season or career of cricket.
- More domestic comps!
- An official editor - I know some developers frown upon this ideas but I think you would sell more copies having it with it.

Personally, I wish they did bring out updates for this version before setting a schedule for upcoming versions. Also, why say you will release 3 versions in 9 months? Most people will wait for ICC 2007.

chris.hinton

International Captain
three data updates what a load of rubbish

Anyway lads if you want more domestic teams then play cricketcoach, its fun enjoyable and getting better also has loads of Potenial and the developers actually care what the customer think

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think I'll bother with 2006...the enhanced graphics of 2007 sound good though, looking forward to it.

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
well we should all agree firstly that the current version of icc2005 needs a data update.. id be willing to invest in another version (considering how good the series has been, going right back to the icc days) just as long as this time the improvements are made and the promises are kept - they sort of failed with this in icc2005 - no patch, no online play!

having siad we havent actually heard anything official - its hard to believe they would announce the upcoming release of the same game 3 times - LOL what will be the diff between icc2006 and icc world cup and icc2007??? the only thing mentioned was graphics enhancement which would be nice but not very important.