• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach - new release coming soon

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We've been hard at work fixing up many of the bugs that people have spotted. A new version will be available to download soon.

As a gesture of goodwill we have not only ensured everyone gets another free trial, but we have extended the trial period to 2 days instead of 1.

Naturally everyone who has purchased the game just needs to install the new version and they will be able to upgrade free of charge.

One thing I will mention is that save games from Friday's version won't be compatible with this version, in the future we aim to keep save games compatible between releases, but this hasn't been possible this time.

A list of fixes/changes will be available with the release, these including fixing the bug we believe was responsible for many if not all of your crashes in version 1.0

I don't have an exact time for when the download will be available, but it'll be at somepoint during the next few hours.

Oli

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
I have been very criticial of what has happened but can not fault the work that has been done to get it sorted and in a very short space of time too.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Nice one Oli glad to see you have acted so quickly to people's feedback and have acted accordingly to rectify one or two aspects of the game.:)

sawu

Cricket Spectator
Nice work Oli, look forward to playing the new version.

Seriously, it took a lot of problems for me NOT to buy the initial version - I had my heart set on it - so a "reasonably" functioning version will get my money ;)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Downloading now. I hope Oli and Glen haven't rushed this instead of taking their time to fix things thoroughly

sessabmud

Cricket Spectator
before it used to crash during the game, now it doesn't even go beyond the first blank screen when you click play game...tried it 3 times, had to restart thrice. good bye, cricket coach!

sessabmud

Cricket Spectator
okay, update:

it doesn't run on my 1.7 GHz desktop -- worthwhile to mention than the previous version did.

tried it on my 3.0 ghz laptop -- works fine, BUT there's a bad bad mouse lag and i feel like im playing in slow motion! but it hasnt crashed yet. i hope you guys can fix the lag but it may well be on its way to becoming a good game. still, eats a lot of RAM.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Now THIS is more like it! Yet to play a game but the trading is fun... although, there is a snag. I was looking for a cheap bowler when I found a 'J Mcnamara' :p but I cant sign him as the overseas player quota is full (I have G Flower and S Afridi) but Jack's an Aussie...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
chooka_nick said:
. I was looking for a cheap bowler when I found a 'J Mcnamara' :p but I cant sign him as the overseas player quota is full (I have G Flower and S Afridi) but Jack's an Aussie...
J Mcnamara is cheap? must be someone else ;)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Cricket Coach said:
Cullen from the Members End
Appeal for LBW!
Dropped!
It's been given!
:p Then Tait took a hattrick... and a few overs later a wicket on a no-ball!
Oh, and:
Code:
Dirk Nannes isnt an allrounder, but a left-fast bowler.
Harvey should be an allrounder.
Jewel should be an opening bat.
I'll probably have more to come. I dont know what you've done, but this is a lot more enjoyable. Thumbs up.

PS lol @ Age

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oli, I am pleased to report I now have no problems with the game :)

Well, I do get a little lag when it's giving all the news and stuff, and I have to click the continue button 100 times before the season starts for some reason but it doesn't crash AND the scores are more realistic!

However, may I suggets one option that will make life much easier? Setting the news filter so it sets on one option. I noticed that you can set it for certain nations or all & local but it resets after you hit continue. I think this would cut down on some of the 'lag' because to be honest, I don't really want to know what Glamorgan is up to, or even the scores of test matches, when I'm playing as Auckland :)

But anyway, great game!