• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
Either that or contemplating suicide. I don't blame the guy for taking advantage of the this shoody piece of work.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
But you're not really being helpful to Glenn and Oli, in terms of constructive criticism! Calling it "shoody" is all well and good (although I don't think it's "shoody") but you've got to give them some things to fix! Sure the game has its bugs...but what game doesn't! What the developers need now more than ever is a bit of support and HELP in order to IMPROVE the game.

What I think everyone is suffering from here is "Build the game up too much" syndrome - everyone has got all excited about the game and WANTED it to be the next ICC, an FM for cricket and, therefore, when they discover bugs they immediately write the game off. I must say that, after testing the final Beta, the game was quite realistic and playable - scores were "normal".

I'm sure that Oli and Glenn are going to work their arses off to fix the problems that people are reporting. However, I'd just like to emphasise that I see distinct comparisons between a game and an essay. If you handed an essay in after hours of work and you got comments back saying "Crap" or words to that effect, then you'd be pretty annoyed because you wouldn't have a clue how to improve your work. Constructive criticism is the only way that you will get the game that you want - just bear that in mind before you decide to rip the game to shreds.

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
These guys have spent months and months working on this game and it's not as if they aren't going to be making any money out of it.

It is like any product you buy, you pay for it you expect it to be good. These guys know what they are doing, they should do anyway. Peoples expectations for this are not that high because everyone knows its a game made on a small budget. People do not expect a game that has more bugs than a garden.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Moon monkey said:
These guys have spent months and months working on this game and it's not as if they aren't going to be making any money out of it.

It is like any product you buy, you pay for it you expect it to be good. These guys know what they are doing, they should do anyway. Peoples expectations for this are not that high because everyone knows its a game made on a small budget. People do not expect a game that has more bugs than a garden.
Sorry but comparing the game to FM before it has even been released certainly IS setting high expectations!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
oke, you guys need to lay off.
how many cricket games are released per year? not much, be happy they try, and they will go on developing it, I reckon there will be a fix within the near future, which will solve a lot of problems!
have any of you guys played the 1st CM game ? it was buggy as hell, and one of the first in his sort, but it had potential, wouldnt you love this game if it didnt suffer from all the bugs it has at the moment?
I bet you would, I loved my last Béta as it was really enjoyable!
and I havnt seen the things you saw, Yes Australia was a bit poor in my test version, but England scoring over 800 runs? nope never saw it.
all scores were pretty realistic.
you guys just have to be happy some one tries! and lay off, believe me they will work hard on fixing those problems, and when they have, this game will be ace.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Robertinho said:
I played the trial, and I really hate it.
This is the best example of comments that need expanding upon! Everyone wants a cricket game right? Well if you want it badly enough then surely you could spare the developers a few moments of your time to let them know what problems you have with the game!

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
I am in no way comparing it to football manager. In truth people can't expect the game to be as detailed as that and from reading peoples reactions they are seem quite happy with the layout and how it is. It is the bugs and the crashing that is not good enough. An apology from the makers is needed and an explanation as well.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
I didn't say you were comparing it to Football Manager but I have seen other people do some and, thus, putting enormous pressure on the developers!

I am confident that Oli or Glenn will come online and explain the situation and what will be done. All that is needed is a bit of patience, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and more patience! The bugs WILL be looked at!

gio

U19 Cricketer
I downloaded the game today, and first impressions were good. It has undoubted potential, but it does need some tweaking here and there: -

Human v Computer match engine doesnt seem that realistic, perhaps too easy for the Human? This was after only one game however (scored 700+ v Sri Lanka (150ao & 200ao).

Field - The fielders don't seem to pull off diving stops well if at all... most of the fours I scored showed a fielder run next to the ball from the infield all the way to the boundary.

Interface is slightly confusing. Whilst it is an undoubted improvement on MVCM, it is still slightly clunky. Not sure when or how it could be improved as yet, but perhaps smaller text and just generally refining it.

Lack of tatics and training - this is a rather major module and I don't expect any significant updates, just I thought there was to be a good set of tatical options? Instead, all you can do is alter agressiveness. Similarly, I was hoping for training of some sort

I should say however that I love the 2d screen in general, other than the fielding issue. Also, the depth of that attributes is a welcome addition to the usual "batting skill" and "bowling skill"

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why was this game released when it clearly wasn't ready?

The bugs completely cripple the game, and if you choose to be any other side than an international one it just dies.

The interface is horrific on the eyes.

The AI and gameplay is UNBELIEVABLY immature. I set 295 to win in a ODI, and Sri Lanka finished on 212/0. That is just ridiculous and needs addressing ASAP. I even saw a side get 86/4 chasing 210! 86 IN 50 OVERS! Oh dear.

I don't mean to be so negative, but it is clear to me that this game is nowhere NEAR ready. If the deadlines were too close, then this version should have been released as a free demo and nothing more. To pay £25 for this piece of garbage is a total insult.

Refunds should be given to everyone who has paid for it, an apology should be issued and this game should be taken back from download and fixed completely.

I don't care if I have to wait 6 months, this game is unplayable and it's a great shame.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Why was this game released when it clearly wasn't ready?
It was ready, Like me and timewell said, the game was done. none of us ever saw those bugs! and the gameplay was oke, yeah last version needed some tweaks on the 2d view.
but no weird totals and all !

Blaze

Banned
Kweek said:
It was ready, Like me and timewell said, the game was done. none of us ever saw those bugs! and the gameplay was oke, yeah last version needed some tweaks on the 2d view.
but no weird totals and all !

So what has gone wrong then? Have they released a differnet version to everybody else?

cpr

International Coach
Well. I'm liking the game. Its got more sh**ty bugs than a dung beatle conference, but it'll be improved (anyone who ever played CM3... thats if they could get it running... remember the first incarnation was the buggies piece of software ever. within a couple of weeks the developers cleared it up)

Just for the record, i wasnt involved in this match.
(also seen a bangladesh player hit 300* against Aus.)

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Timewell said:
This is the best example of comments that need expanding upon! Everyone wants a cricket game right? Well if you want it badly enough then surely you could spare the developers a few moments of your time to let them know what problems you have with the game!
Okay, has anyone ever seen a team bowled out? I was 3/850 with Queensland, scoring at 5 runs per over (full aggression), and Symonds and Love were both in the 290's. As Queensland, I signed Tendulkar and Vaas. Other teams signed Vaughan, Pietersen. In an OD game, Tasmania had an opening stand of around 200+ with Di Venuto and Vaughan, yet they were content to cruise around 3-4 rpo for the entire innings.

cpr

International Coach
In all fairness, you can beta test something to oblivion, you knwo what machines your running it on, you can tweak it untill it works. Its when it gets out into the public, and theres 1000's of different set ups, each with different problems, thats when you fine tune the game.

Its good that the developers are coming here and listening to whats being said, least they are making themselves aware of the problems.

I'm sure they were looking forward to a weeks rest after such hard effort, only to see all this that needs their attention. I'm pretty sure they'll sacrifice their own time for our sakes.

I'm sparing a thought you guys :)

(not sparing you £30 yet though, but i will, in time. Think its best to say release another version when its tweaked that gives us 24 hours play before buying, and if i like, i'm paying :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
From their official website:

Early release feedback
Posted by Oli Norwell on April 1st 2006
Firstly thanks to everyone who has downloaded and purchased the title so far, whilst we are having some initial 'teething' problems it's nice to hear that people are enjoying the game.

The biggest issue many users are having is related to the 'acquire keyboard' bug, this is down to a small oversight in the DirectX code that initialises the game. Whilst we agree this is a complete pain, it isn't serious, and will be sorted very shortly.

We're in the process of creating a page with frequently asked questions, this will give solutions to most of the problems people are experiencing. This page should be available fairly soon.

It has been questioned why we would release a version of the game with several bugs present, the honest answer is that we haven't experienced any of the bugs mentioned whilst playing on our own systems. We acknowledge these problems exist, and have begun to fix them.

The great news is that we're not about to dissapear, new improved versions of the game will be released at regular intervals over the coming months. So you can be sure we'll keep developing the title and adding improvements for the foresable future.
I've already said my piece, but I can't help but 8-) at parts of the above...

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
That is the sort of statement you expect from head of industries and politicans. The only thing he has missed out is the phrase, 'we will learn from the mistakes.'

Teething problems! More like shark teeth problems. As for new improved versions. How about just giving us a working version.

Like to see a few more solutions to problems that just two, how about solutions for some of us who can't even load the piece of junk?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
DAMN IT my version has ended by now. And the worst part is... despite the bugs, despite the annoyances... I was honestly enjoying the game. :huh:
Fix the sudden crashes, fix the stupid team totals and I'll be number one to buy this game. :)

cricketboy29

International Regular
To add to the irritation, some of the teams are not right at all. I was playing with Orissa, they dont have SS Das, Devashish Mohanty, Or anyone in the current Orissa Ranji trophy team...

This is digusting, what the hell!?

All just filled with nonsense players, like A Pathan, and 2 Balajis.

Last edited: