• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Yeh this game definitely needs some work..mine crashed in my first game The mouse is terible.. it doesnt seem like lag.. sometimes just for simple things you have to click several times for something to work which iss frustrating...plus it seems to jump around the screen for me...
Theres annoying little things..like when a new bat comes in the aggression reverts to normal...and there tend to be lots of times when a fielder just stands there and lets a ball go past on the boundary.
I think this game needed to be tested a bit (thats an understatement) more before release.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I got "D3D9.DLL was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem."

Should i just google it and chuck the file in system folder or is there an error?

sessabmud

Cricket Spectator
As a programer myself I'd like to offer the developers a few suggestions:

1. It appears that you have tested the game at VERY HIGH speed computers with A LOT of RAM. Try playing the game at 256 MB RAM or 512 MB of RAM. You'll see what the trouble is.
2. Video thingy look horrible, remove them!!!
3. Interface is good, very professional. However, I selected to be Jharkhand in the Indian domestic season...just to get to the point where I could play a game, (auto simulation) took a good 5 minutes. Too many messages during this period about every little team that I'd have little interest in.
4. The problem of this loading business is probably because of the language you've used--not sure if they can be fixed, but I think there are some ways to optimize the scripts.
5. I've tried to play twice now, each time it crashes. Also, at times things freeze, like "next over" nothing happens.
Good luck guys, I know you all have put in a lot of effort.

Blaze

Banned
I xan't play as New Zealand domestic teams... tried being Wellington and CD, and the game just freezes after you ask the assistant manager to sort out the contracts.

Also just played a tour match and bowled Fleming - He bowled 86 no balls in a 20 over spell

Then when I looked at the score card at the end of the game it said that Nathan Astle bowled 12 wides, but on the batting score card it said that the team only bowled a total of 4 wides.

Also when I clicked on Nathan Astles name on the batting card it comes up with Bevan Griggs?

More to follow

Haddin

U19 Debutant
I am sorry, but this is reality, the game needs more work, and I know your young and put so much time in this, but it doesn't work on my computer either! Help please.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Ok so I played as ND. Had Hamish Marshall get 200^ and 150^ but I check his record and he doesn't have these 100s.. Beacuse he is on tour.. So how did he play for me?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Blaze said:
I xan't play as New Zealand domestic teams... tried being Wellington and CD, and the game just freezes after you ask the assistant manager to sort out the contracts.

Also just played a tour match and bowled Fleming - He bowled 86 no balls in a 20 over spell

Then when I looked at the score card at the end of the game it said that Nathan Astle bowled 12 wides, but on the batting score card it said that the team only bowled a total of 4 wides.

Also when I clicked on Nathan Astles name on the batting card it comes up with Bevan Griggs?

More to follow
Goodness me, sounds as though from the comments in this thread that the game is still basically Beta 1 :wacko:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I just downloaded it myself and on my Pentium 4 3GHz, 512MB RAM it ran like an absolute dog.

The first time I clicked continue I had to wait for what seemed like 5 minutes while all these results were simmed out. Why would I care as manager of Wellington what is going on in the UK?

The 2nd time I clicked continue it just completely froze up after I left it for about 5 minutes, and so I ended the task.

The interface seemed great, but it amazes me that Dan Thomas' ITC engine which I think is about 5 years old now is still the market leader.

Obviously the Cricket Coach developers will live to regret releasing it today.

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Yes, but still, we CANNOT have a go at the game makers, remember, they HAVE tried their best. I really feel sorry for them.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Haddin said:
Yes, but still, we CANNOT have a go at the game makers, remember, they HAVE tried their best. I really feel sorry for them.
Yes you're right, it is very disappointing for them I'm sure.

It just seems really strange that they didn't find most of these problems in testing as virtually everyone has the same problem(s).

sawu

Cricket Spectator
Haddin said:
You don't think they need a good shot in the head for trying to charge such an exhorbitant amount of money for a product which looks like it was "finished" 5 minutes before it was uploaded?

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Mate, remember, they are very young, and I would like to see you come up with a game with no bugs. I'm waiting.

James

Cricket Web Owner
He does have a valid point Haddin, and I don't personally see why age comes into it at all. To my knowledge Glenn and Oli are both mid-20's and they're releasing a game at the cost of 24.99 pounds, the same as a fully commerical release so they have to expect to be judged just the same.

To use Dan Thomas as an example, he was a one man team with ITC and released it with basically no bugs at all, so to use the small development team as a reason why it happened just doesn't wash.

To release a piece of software in its "final" state with this amount of problems and bugs is just well truly unbelievable basically. The comments from forum member Blaze just sum it all up basically. To be taken seriously, they simply had to do better than this IMO. How many people are going to actually trust their hard earnt 24.99 pounds to this now?

I hope the cd-rom version of the game isn't going out like this, because I'll feel sorry for those people who buy it if it is.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I understand that the game won't be 100% bug free on release but come on. You can hardly even play the game

We probally hyped it to much. Ah well back to ICC until they can fix the bugs.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Oh. Dang.
The game crashes. Often.
It couldn't detect my keyboard for the windowed mode... and as soon as I closed all other programs (and it opened) it crashed as soon as I tried to play a game.
One other thing: when I am selecting my team, I - out of habit - click on one of the players with the LEFT mouse button. This takes me to his player profile. When I click 'back' it takes me to the squad view, and I can no-longer edit the team. As soon as I click 'continue' it moves onto the game, with whatever squad I had selected... the unfinished one.
Carn boys, sort these out. Barring that it's a good game! It could be brilliant, minding the bugs...