• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Career Player on RPC

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey there. I purchased Ricky Ponting Cricket not long ago and have been working hard on getting my career player as good as I can. His fielding is immaculate but his batting and bowling are only ranked 80 and I can not fill up any more of the skills bars. His batting average is 30 odd and his bowling average 0.8 8-) yet I can't improve him.
Any thoughts or ideas?

andyc

If the bars are filled up, you can't get him any better. Allrounders are set at a max of 80 both skills so you don't get a Bradman with the bat and a (insert world's best bowler's name here) with the ball. So yeah, he's as good as you're gonna get him.

Perm

Thanks very much andyc, another question though. My brother also has a career player who is classified as a batsman(100 rating) yet he also bowls, and is currently sitting on about a rating of 50, is there any way he can acheive a rating of 100 for both disciplines?

andyc

Perm said:
Thanks very much andyc, another question though. My brother also has a career player who is classified as a batsman(100 rating) yet he also bowls, and is currently sitting on about a rating of 50, is there any way he can acheive a rating of 100 for both disciplines?
No not a chance. When the bars are full up for the skills, then they can't get any better.

Perm

I'm pretty sure that the skills bar for his bowling are still relatively empty and he may be able to full them up and reach a rating of 100 for his bowling. Doesn't this seem an unfair advantage? he is not an all-rounder yet he is the best batsmen and bowler ever.

andyc

No, you wouldn't be able to get his bowling up that high. I've never really trained my batsmen in bowling, but I mean, a bowler can only get to about a 55 rating of batting, so you'd think it'd work the other way.

Welcome to CW, by the way :)

Perm

That's good then, thanks for that and thanks for the welcome mate.

tabby

Cricket Spectator
if you get your battin average up loads then that will go up nd if u get lyk 100 wicket then it will probably go up

tabby

Cricket Spectator
andyc said:
No not a chance. When the bars are full up for the skills, then they can't get any better.
if u get ur amount of wickets up nd ur average nd strike rate better you get a better bowler
:cool:

andyc

tabby said:
if u get ur amount of wickets up nd ur average nd strike rate better you get a better bowler
:cool:
No, I doubt it. I've had a fast bowler with rating 100 with an average of about 5 after a good 20 odd games, and he was still bowling around 130.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
There are different maximum ratings depending on the player type.
Batting (/300 for bowler, /400 for AR, /500 for batsman) (divide by 5)
Bowling (/50 for batsman, /80 for AR, /100 for bowler)

Everyone makes the mistake of making their career player an AR so they top out at 80 for batting and bowling. My career player is an all-rounder who bowls at 120mph with 100 stats for everything but that requires the PC version and takes some knowledge of hex editing...
For anyone who does have the PC version and wants to edit the game profile and the save games without corrupting the file I've written a checksum correcter which you can get here.