• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach release date set - 17th March

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Great news that a release date has been set, and we can all look forward to the game coming out soon. Inevitibly the release date has led to much excitement, but also many questions being asked about the game, such as payment methods, where the game will be released demo versions etc.

Therefore I thought I would create a thread where such questions could be asked and answered, as well as to make people aware of the confirmed release date. In addition i'm sure people will want to talk about there hopes and aspirations for the game, and what they are particuarly looking forward to about it.

Finally thanks must go to Glenn and Oli for working so hard behind the scenes for several years, which has cumulated in the game being released and looking like a terrific game :D

Great work, now bring on the 17th March :) :-O :cool: :p :blink:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Finally a Cricket sim that anyone can play and enjoy. Well ICC is fun but I would love to play NZ teams.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great news, a little on the expensive side though IMO with it being priced the same as BLIC and Cricket 2005 and 10 pounds more expensive than ICC 2005.

24.99 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 58.7460 AUD

You can use the currency converter here - http://www.xe.com/pca/

Josh

International Regular
Any chance of non-electronic payment options?? If not I think that's a little unfair and discriminatory to those who don't have such luxuries or just choose to use cash.

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
i also think it is a bit expensive , for me anyway. but i think they should have a community like CM/FM and get feedback from users.

phil sam

Cricket Spectator
Your joking

£25. Even in England games such as football manager 2006 cost £10 less if you know where to buy them. This is completely out of order. I know people have worked hard on the game but this price is going to scare many people off.

I would gladly have paid upto £15 for a game which won't even be available in the shops, but I won't be buying the game at this inflated price.

I would urge whoever is in charge of the game to revise this price, as I think it will seriously impact upon sales, thus leading the game to be viewed and played by far less people. If they have confidence in the game surely they will want as many people as possible to buy it, experience it and then tell there mates about how good it is. This would increase sales.

An inflated price of £25 won't :sleep:

phil sam

Cricket Spectator
It seems like many people have legitimate questions which require answering which are already moutning up in this thread.

Would it be possible to get some answers to peoples questions Glenn or Neil? These people are asking questions about a game they have supported and will probably purchase as soon as it becomes available.

I think its important to answer there questions, rather than spending all your time trying to justify the substantial £25 price of the game. :cool:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm not in any better position to answer your questions than you are yourself - I'm nothing more than a fan, a supporter, albeit one with differing opinions.

No one connected with the game has posted in this thread yet. I don't think it's fair to criticise Glenn for not answering questions about it, when he's not logged on to CW since the thread was posted.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
phil sam said:
It seems like many people have legitimate questions which require answering which are already moutning up in this thread.
Not really that many questions. This is what i think the creators should say.

Q1. Why is it 25 Pounds?
A1. Well is it a brand new game and well we set the prices so :p

Anyways it is a new game with a lot more detail than any before it so i'm going to let them off this time,