• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My thoughts...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It's an awesome game. Way better than Cricket 2005. What really impressed me is how the scores are realistic and the fielding placements are actually effective. On Cricket 2005, you can six hit down the ground every ball for the first 10 overs and make about 200. But in this, you actually have to play proper shots, which makes it great fun.

This leads to more realistic scores, which to me is the second most important thing - behind how enjoyable it is. I recently had the West Indies 3/98 after 30 overs in an ODI - they then exploded and got to about 3/160 after 39 overs - Warne had figures of about 7-1-50-0, we then got them all out for 172 and Warne finished with 10-4-50-3.

Great game, though I've been playing it on Xbox, will have to get the PC version.

(And I love how they conveniently added a feature to edit the names :D "A Simms" for Australia - why is he white?!)

Josh

International Regular
Yeh it annoyed me that he was white. I've altered most the teams to make them more current-day accurate tho, however Hussey now suddenly bowls "Left arm googly"

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Bah. Playing as SAF against India in a test on State level. They are 3/45 from 44 overs. Tendulkar went out for a 67 ball duck, Dravid has faced 110 or so balls, still on 0 runs.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Bah. Playing as SAF against India in a test on State level. They are 3/45 from 44 overs. Tendulkar went out for a 67 ball duck, Dravid has faced 110 or so balls, still on 0 runs.
Good game isn't it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ntini!!! Laxman gone, for a 19-ball duck. Caught behind.

Dravid's marathon innings comes to a close, a 132-ball duck - bowled by Pollock. 22 solid overs of blocking. Sheesh. 5/48.

Last edited:

Josh

International Regular
Robertinho said:
Did you swap Lehmann with Hussey? :-O
No, Katich.

The only thing bugging me about the game is the running between wickets picture comes up even if you block or leave a ball and the third umpire decision happens too quickly.

Everything else I've accepted as being non-impact stuff. Well they are too I suppose but they just annoy me lol.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind the running between wickets thing, or the third umpire thing. Though things are looking up, Ganguly just hit a single, the first run scored off the bat for looooong time.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The slow scoring is really annoying, but it's an awesome game to play with someone. My mate, who absolutely loathes cricket, and I played for about two hours and he was loving it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Slow scoring can be countered by just having really aggressive fields the whole time. You get wickets a lot more regularly and they score more quickly.

My gripe is that batting on County is too easy, so I put it up to Test. Then bowling becomes too easy. I generally play on county, but you can score at 6 an obver in test matchges fairly risk-free.

Josh

International Regular
Yeh they don't score too slowly against me. Go at 3 an over healthily.

I was gonna bump up to test level aswell but I ended up 7 wickets for 4 so I decided to go back to county :p

andyc

Tom Halsey said:
Slow scoring can be countered by just having really aggressive fields the whole time. You get wickets a lot more regularly and they score more quickly.

My gripe is that batting on County is too easy, so I put it up to Test. Then bowling becomes too easy. I generally play on county, but you can score at 6 an obver in test matchges fairly risk-free.
I score at about 10-12 an over in Test pretty easily. Not trying to talk myself up, just saying that I find batting a bit easy, cause the computer sets really stupid fields.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
andyc said:
I score at about 10-12 an over in Test pretty easily. Not trying to talk myself up, just saying that I find batting a bit easy, cause the computer sets really stupid fields.
I can, but I never bother because it's unrealistic, so I try and keep it to 6 tops. But it's so annoying.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well batting on Test is great but it really shows the game either needs some better ai or some kind of tiredness thingamagig. Just got bowled out for about 70 by pakistan off 29.1 overs, they decided to give Shoiab Akhtar a 15 over spell and Sami a 14 over one. When Shabbir was brought on i had a celebratory slog and lost my last wicket.

andyc

To make a list of all the things you would like changed about this game:
AI field settings and tiredness
AI slow, slow batting- to stop hitting to fine leg so much, and to take singles when they're available
Not being able to score at 12 an over on Test level
Career fast bowlers to be able to actually bowl fast
Catches off no balls to not be celebrated, and to allow batsmen to run
No balls not to count as balls faced

Go ahead and contribute

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
To make a list of all the things you would like changed about this game:
AI field settings and tiredness
AI slow, slow batting- to stop hitting to fine leg so much, and to take singles when they're available
Not being able to score at 12 an over on Test level
Career fast bowlers to be able to actually bowl fast
Catches off no balls to not be celebrated, and to allow batsmen to run
No balls not to count as balls faced

Go ahead and contribute
Why shouldn't no balls be counted as balls faced?

Anyway, here's my list (using some of yours) -

- AI with more intelligent field settings & bowling options
- Bowlers being fatigued by long spells
- AI takes runs when available
- Sixes harder to hit/Slogging more difficult
- 'Generate innings' or 'autoplay' to be introduced
- Able to charge down the pitch
- Batting and bowling becoming much harder
- Tailenders harder to get out
- The whole "speed" debacle to be sorted
- More career players allowed, able to bowl fast

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd like to see a modification to the career player feature.

I'd like to see a career player "mode", where you only play as your career player, and basically have AI v AI for the remaining players in the match.