• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what the hell happened to that data update ;-)

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
I've been thinking of buying ICC 2005 - but what happened to that data update that was to be distributed 8-)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still being made, apparently they're having trouble with the online play part.

PeterF

Cricket Spectator
I think it would be good if they could just release a data update and then do the online part in another patch later.

Hoggy31

International Captain
cricketboy29 said:
data update?, like new players and stuff?#
Yeh, There are alot of mistakes in the database that have been found out that they are going to fix. Flintoff being a RMF bowler is an example.

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
Hoggy31 said:
Flintoff being a RMF bowler is an example.
not a very good example though. it doesnt matter whether a bowler is RM or RF, its based on the skill of the bowler.

a better example would be that all the players stats arent up to date with the game as it starts (international stats are only up to about 6 months before the first series (ENG v BAN)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
pearljammonkey said:
not a very good example though. it doesnt matter whether a bowler is RM or RF, its based on the skill of the bowler.

a better example would be that all the players stats arent up to date with the game as it starts (international stats are only up to about 6 months before the first series (ENG v BAN)
That, and apparantly MF is faster than FM in the game.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I just figured that Medium Fast, would be slower than Fast Medium. it just seemed a bit illogical to have it the other way around.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
MF is technically faster than FM. Adjective-Noun. What does decadence have to do with anything?
Cricket following logic and the rules of common society? Don't be silly. :p Every time I've seen the speeds explained it's Fast, Fast Medium, Medium Fast, Medium (and wikipedia backs me up on this, too).

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
so this basically means that they cheated everyone into buying the new version will all sorts or promises and have not lived up to it.

Emcee

Cricket Spectator
Didn't they promise online play on the website? If so can't we all get a refund as the product isn't what it claimed to be?