• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best maiden century

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
...or best hundred in a pressure situation.

I think this guy comes close.

Comes in at 5-60, Aussies trailing by heaps. Has a couple of wickets fall around him, before putting on a huge stand with White to save us from complete embarassment. I'm still expecting a loss though.

Look at the pitch though! Excellent for spin and pace!

Should be a good prospect for the future.

Attachments

timraa

Cricket Spectator
yeah i had a yound guy at yorkshire, larry corbett, batted at 4, wood out first ball of the match, sayers injured next ball, came in at 2/0, then vaughan was out in the next over and he made 144 out of 238, first game, turned out to be a gun

squiz

U19 Debutant
My highest score on debut is 257 with Jim Andrews (which is in the ICC 2005 Records thread). Shared a 535 run partnership with my best batsman I've had, Jeff London. Easily the best maiden century I've ever seen.

cricketboy29

International Regular
yeah, i had this guy called S Morley for lancashire, in the first innnings, top scored with 88, we had to follow on, and he shared a 4th wicket partnership with M North of 374, with him scoring 222 of those. The best one i've seen so far.

*sigh* he's sort of fallen by the wayside now :(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
'Sam Chapman' for Yorkshire in 2007 season. Drafted him in from the youth pool (he averaged 54 in second team) and was thrown in to open as the world cup was on (no Jacques or Vaughan) and scored about 4 40's from 6 innings. I knew he would break 50 soon...and did so.
He scored 270!

The next match he got 43 and 49...then the next, 130...he didn't have a FC fifty for another 2 matches (out for 51).

His last few innings of season 7....he even got a test spot in that season (his first) because of his batting...then after the season ended he played another 5 tests and 6 ODI's...but didn't go so well.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Quentin in his debut for Middlesex. If he failed then Middlesex would have been out very cheaply in the first innings. Second innings we were set 283 in just under two sessions. The rest is history.

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
3 Maiden Centuries

The year is 2030. Captain Aleksandar Vetovski and Veteran spinner Markus Chase have retired and the team is looking for stability. Australia is still on top even after losing a Test series to India in India. But a supposedly easier task, for new captain Will Keller, was ahead with Bangladesh in Australia. The Aussies dropped veteran paceman Laz Hespero for 26-year old Julian Morrison and all-rounder Hayden Burn was replaced by 25-year old Cedric Joslin.

After losing the top 4 batsman for 61 runs, the Aussies looked gone. However newcomers Darcy Hartland and Joslin stick around to put on 232 for the 5th wicket and notched up maiden Test centuries. Australia ended up all out for 320. The bowlers then destroyed the Tigers for 173 all out.

Once again, the Aussies start pitifully. The top 4 faltering a little and Joslin going for 10. Hartland and keeper Maurie Clinton put on a 6th wicket 191 partnership to prevent any fightback. Hartland fell 3 short of another century so paceman Dakota Hopwood helped Clinton to a maiden century. The Tigers then were set 511 to win (a lot I know) in a day and 2 sessions but only registered 160 before they were all gone by the end of day 4. Australia win by 351 runs and Hartland is named Man of the Match.

Attachments