• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Electronic Scorecard Program - AutoScore BETA - Please Test!

Franko

Cricket Spectator
Electronic Scorecard

I have looked at the Willow scorecard and its ok but would love to hear if there are any others about to try. I host a small club website and would like something that I can build into the site.

Has anyone found or heard of anything?

Franko

Cricket Spectator
Electronic Scorecard?

Hi Neil, Would love to see and / or test it when its ready. What software did you use to write it? Does it act as single match scorecard or can it roll up a number of matches for averages etc?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's written in Borland Delphi / Object Pascal. It grew out of the side of a cricket sim I'm writing - Beach Cricket 2006, with the "physics engine" removed and replaced with buttons for runs, byes, etc. All buttons complete except the wickets one.

As the game stats-tracks and saves scorecards, there should be no reason the scorebook can't do the same.

Franko

Cricket Spectator
Electronic Scorecard

Hi again,

I have just downloaded the trial of BC and it looks very good. If that style can be translated into a user defined role (I.E. People can name there own players and opposition it could be a useful way to carry out live match scoring. If it was possible to simply type in the final scores into a scorecard for the program to store stats and averages that would be useful.

To be fair I haven't had long enough to look at BC but I think that there is a real potential to use for normal clubs etc.

Do keep us posted as I for one would love to see and trial it! Great work.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Finished and downloadable to test!

Please feed back anything - I'm looking to give it a match test when the season starts for me on April 26.

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil, it looks great but when I tried to change the name of the competitions it came up with an error about ascore.exe

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Robertinho said:
Neil, it looks great but when I tried to change the name of the competitions it came up with an error about ascore.exe
That's because, like most of my software, it's chronically badly written in places. That will take approximately two minutes to fix!