• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Career Players

Josh

International Regular
How long does it take the career players to get up to speed with their bowling?? Is it dependent on the wickets or does it just happen??

Josh

International Regular
Hazza said:
I find that the more bowling points your bowler gets, the quicker he becomes.
Ok. Let's hope I take a 5 wicket haul in one of my games then lol. I'm sick of being a "Fast" bowler bowling at 70 ks.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh said:
Ok. Let's hope I take a 5 wicket haul in one of my games then lol. I'm sick of being a "Fast" bowler bowling at 70 ks.
Mate, I figured out the best way to improve your bowlers quickly. Get your career bowlers (I have two so it works great for me), then play a 10 over double wicket match on club level. Select your two bowlers in your team and then choose to play against a team with absolute rabbits (USA and Canada have some great ones). Then just bowl yorkers every ball... My bowlers ended up with 25 and 26 wickets each from their 5 overs

Josh

International Regular
Hahahah... Sounds good.

I've been reluctant to play Double Wicket so far... because I'm not sure I fully understand what it is.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've been playing since the thing got released (ie July 21) and my fast medium bowler (all rounder, bowling rating 43) is still trundling around 47-48mph.

Oh, my leggie is now rated 91, but it's taken about 400 wickets to get there.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My fast bowler is at a rating of 81, and is bowling at about 116 kph, compared to the 70 odd he started off with.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
This subject of bowler speeds is annoying me. I'm playing as Australia in the ICC Tournement, and all my bowlers are bowling way too slow. Mcgrath and Kasper are bowling around 100km and Lee around 115km, with the odd 130 or 140. It's quite annoying.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
On the subject of the bowling speeds for the Aussies, this is what I've found the top speeds to be...

McGrath- 82.1mph
Lee- 95.2 mph
Kasprowicz- 85 mph
Gillespie- 89 mph

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
ive been hitting 145-152.4 (max) so far with Bond with NZ.. if you want to crank up high speeds you have to let that gauge go a bit above the white line.. but not enough for you to get a no ball..

Also it doesnt show career stats for the created career player anywhere does it?? ie how many wickets you have taken so far in tests/odis..?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Markh has been working on a stat tracking program for BLIC that runs in the background. Still requires some work but the basic idea is there.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Markh has been working on a stat tracking program for BLIC that runs in the background. Still requires some work but the basic idea is there.
Unfortunately mines the RPIC - PS2 version.. so no patch will ever be helpful :(

EA sports
Oh sweet for career players aswell?
so if i created a career player like RPIC in EA Sports it would start recording stats for him?..

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
Oh sweet for career players aswell?
so if i created a career player like RPIC in EA Sports it would start recording stats for him?..
Yup,that happens with all the players in the game(including the real ones)there stats change as you play them

tabby

Cricket Spectator
if your player gets catches in a match then u make the throwing strength up then your bowler will prob be able to bowl quicker. try it nd if it works tell us