• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unrealistic Player Retirements in ICC 2005

Macky

Cricket Spectator
I'm playing as Durham manager and at the end of the 2006 season Paul Collingwood retired. How rubbish is that man :@

He hadn't any injuries during the season which could have forced an early retirement and he was playing well enough, averaging 47 with the bat and took about 20 wickets in first class cricket that season.

Has anybody else had any really early retirements?

Cheers.

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Matt Hayden has just retired at 46 in my game. Jason Arnberger I think it was played on until 51 in one of my older games.

AndrewDiamond

Cricket Spectator
To bad

Macky said:
I'm playing as Durham manager and at the end of the 2006 season Paul Collingwood retired. How rubbish is that man :@

He hadn't any injuries during the season which could have forced an early retirement and he was playing well enough, averaging 47 with the bat and took about 20 wickets in first class cricket that season.

Has anybody else had any really early retirements?

Cheers.
He retired okay shuv it up ur *** and get a new player somtime player just feel like they dont have luv for the game that is probably what happened in this case. Stop complaining and by a new player ok. Ta ta catch yas l8ter

AndrewDiamond

Cricket Spectator
Colling wood are ****

SIX AND OUT said:
Yeah, and I am into 2008 and Darren Berry hasn't retired yet.
Collingwood are ****. Tell me this have they won the flag in the last 10 years no they havn't so shut up and face it man collingwood are the crappest team there is. Bottom 8 last 2 yrs and they can't even find a player wid abit of skill.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AndrewDiamond said:
Collingwood are ****. Tell me this have they won the flag in the last 10 years no they havn't so shut up and face it man collingwood are the crappest team there is. Bottom 8 last 2 yrs and they can't even find a player wid abit of skill.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

timraa

Cricket Spectator
AndrewDiamond said:
you know what your talkin about.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
AndrewDiamond said:
This is good, it just shows to non-Australian's how much footy fans love to hate Collingwood, who officially is known as the Greatest Sporting Club in Australia.

Bottom 8 last 2 yrs, well, the previous 2 yrs we made the GF with an unrecognised side, despite the result(s), we still made it.

Watch for Travis Cloke and Chris Egan mate 8-)

Macky

Cricket Spectator
AndrewDiamond said:
He retired okay shuv it up ur *** and get a new player somtime player just feel like they dont have luv for the game that is probably what happened in this case. Stop complaining and by a new player ok. Ta ta catch yas l8ter
The Ashes defeat still p!ssing you off or something? Just have another Milo and calm down mate.