• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glamorgan Huge Challenge Ahead.........?

sammy22

U19 12th Man
What a game this was. Bowled them out cheaply then batted very well. Due to recent events I decided to declare very early.

I then took a long time to bowl them out and eventually was left with just over a session to knock off 211 runs.

I went for my life,as the players were aware that the title race was almost over. We had nothing to lose at one stage Ganguly hit five 4's in a row. He knew what it meant to the team.

A truly incredible victory.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
sammy22 said:
What a game this was. Bowled them out cheaply then batted very well. Due to recent events I decided to declare very early.

I then took a long time to bowl them out and eventually was left with just over a session to knock off 211 runs.

I went for my life,as the players were aware that the title race was almost over. We had nothing to lose at one stage Ganguly hit five 4's in a row. He knew what it meant to the team.

A truly incredible victory.
Hehe.

Still, good win :)

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Sorry Samuel, I found myself getting a bit carried away :p I;m just glad to be involved near the top of the table with 1 game to play.

With the end of the season approaching it is very close. I enclose the tables, which are more complex than they first appear.

County champ- I am top and if I win or even draw and get at least 4 or less bonus points than Middlesex they can't catch me..............

However Surrey are also involved in 3rd place and a game in hand. If they win it and score bonus points they could actually go above me. In effect you could say it;s in
Surreys hands.

National League - I;ve actually got more games to play than I first realised with 3 matches still to go. The table is very tight with Hants top. It's going to be very close, I suspect it will come down to the wire.

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
A really good team display as we hammered Middlesex. Only slight concern is that we have to score so many runs to win games, as we are not great at bowling to defend a target, seemingly no matter how big.

Davies had no luck in one over so I have included his over here.

Next up............................... Hampshire, in a winner takes all game with me 2 points clear of them with 2 games left.

You'd have to say whoever wins the next game wins the title. In my case If I beat them I definetely win it, as it would put me 6 points clear of them with just 1 to play.

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Here is the table going into the game. One more thing, the England players are back, which means facing Pietersen :wacko: :-O :@

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Don't know what on earth I would have done without Ganguly in this must not lose game.

A score of 400 was always the target, but at one stage 300 looked unrealistic. He just played his shots whilst everyone else was out. He was only out at the end having helped put on 71 for the 10th wicket, of which he scored 70 of them.

However I don't know whether to retain him, as I feel I could get a more consistent player :wacko:

Any advice?

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
I've got Matthew Elliot of Australia. He has done a good job, but Ganguly has been the class act of the side in terms of batting. He has also been a good bowler to use to break up partnerships.

However I have been thinking about perhaps getting 2 completely new players in a quality batsmen i.e Tendulkar/Ponting etc and a really good bowler like Warne/Mcgrath/Diaz

If he is available I will probably sign Kallis, as I have heard he is one of the best, if not the best all-rounders in the game.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
An amusing featue of the game, as although I have just levelled the scores with a full day to play rather than staying behind for an extra over everyone has been told to come back tomorrow.

I've got to gon'd polish off the extra run needed for victory :p :D

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
sammy22 said:
An amusing featue of the game, as although I have just levelled the scores with a full day to play rather than staying behind for an extra over everyone has been told to come back tomorrow.

I've got to gon'd polish off the extra run needed for victory :p :D
Well, Shane Warne could take ten for 0... :p

sammy22

U19 12th Man
and i;ve done it. Managed to claim the extra run.

I think i;ve just won the title, although I don't want to say more than that until it;s confirmed.

If that's the case it will have been a great season, winning both county champ and national leagues, and getting to the semi-finals in both the challenge trophy and 20/20 cup.

I set out to avoid finishing bottom of both tables, but it;s been a season that's gone past even the most ardent supporters honest expectations :happy: :p

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Here is the final county championship table.

It's been a great season, but i;ve still got to finish off in the national league, with the final table for that still to be revealed.

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Here are the final tables, and in additionally confirmation of the clubs acheivments this season.

It's a great feat to win both leagues, but my job here is not complete until I win all 4 cups in one season.

However I don't think it will be easy to repeat this seasons heroics. We were a surprise package this season expected to struggle to win a game. Now, particuarly with the improvments I have in mind we will be expected to challenge for trophies again next season.

Ian Thomas, David Harrison, Maynard, Danny Thomas, Simon Jones, Robert Croft, Larry Marshall and Will Goddard the only players who will definitely be retained.

For next season to build on this I plan to add a batsmen and bowler to replace Ganguly and Elliot (although I may keep Ganguly when I have looked at a few statistics).

In addition to these overseas signings however I feel I need 2 quality batsmen, and 2 quality bowlers to perk up the side. It is unlikely that such quality will be available and so it could mean once again I have to take a gamble on some youngsters available who appear to have potential

Larry Marshall and William Goddard are 2 players who I have nurtured this season, and both have enjoyed succesful seasons.

With about 8 players set to be shown the door a complete revamp of the squad is planned.

It's going to be interesting to see who survives the chop, and finally I hope Maynard dosen;t retire :-O

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Here are some additional screenshots, including players batting and bowling averages for the season at county and 1 day level. It also includes the season best parternships for each wicket, and the records page for the club this year.

Although the indidivual records such as most runs and wickets in a season are hardly special they are not bad at all for Glamorgan.

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
I was going to list the averages for all my players, but it got a bit complicated so here instead is the best performers for all clubs from the first season

Batting wise you will see I have the top 3 batsmen in county cricket (Harrison was just outside averaging 39.84)

1 day and i;ve got the top 4 pefrormers with the bat :-O

As you can see Elliot Ganguly and Thomas occupy the positions (in both 1 day and 4 day) all round and Harrison edges into the top 4.

I haven't anyone near the top bowlers for either county or 1 day, which epitomises the struggle we experienced all season when bowling.

Attachments

Last edited: