• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glamorgan Huge Challenge Ahead.........?

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Thanks for everyones comments. As you've probably gathered the story is all but over now as I want to finish on a high and have acheived what I set out to. It's been an enjoyable couple of weeks and I hope one or two people have enjoyed reading it.

it's been emotional :cool:

cricketboy29

International Regular
sammy22 said:
Ok mate here are my tactics, they didn;t work last season, so it depends on the type of side you have. Basically in 1 day games, bat first and don;t lose a wicket in the first 3-4 overs. Then start upping aggression and look to score as many runs as you can as quickly as you can.

I didn;t plan this, it;s by chance I found out it pays to have your 2 best batsmen opening the innings. They really set the tone. Ganguly and Elliot did it to a certain extent last season, and Thomas and Tendulkar have been brilliant this year.

Last year my tactic was completely different. I didn;t have good bowlers, and so my tactic was basically bowl first, let them get whatever they can (and they usually scored alot) but I knew I had Elliot and Ganguly to attack a decent score. The computer will automatically set the aggression for you dependent on how many runs the oppisition have scored, stick with them, they are a good guide.

This season I brought in Darren Gough, Harbajan Singh, a very good young bowler in Keith Buss and saw Robert Croft emerge as a real star. Add that to Harrison and Thomas who were decent last year and I had a number of very good bowlers.

With a much stronger bowling line up I batted first whenever given the opportunity, looked to make as many runs as possible and then defend it. When teams are forced to make a large total with a high run rate they will start to crumble, and if they don't put spinners on at both ends. The runs start to dry up, the run-rate increases and as you would expect wickets tumble.

Those are the tactics that have worked for me, hope i;ve been of some help :)
yeah, ill try that, but sometimes i swear i feel like killing my entire team, we had to chase 181 with two sessions left, and we lost by 21 runs. but anyway, big ups to you, mate, brillant performance