• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Computer vs. Computer???

Beery

Cricket Spectator
I just bought BLC 2005 and I'm looking forward to playing it, but as I recall, in the old BLC the player was able to watch the computer play itself. I've only given the game a quick examination, but (unless I'm missing something) that no longer seems to be the case in the new version. I used to like to let the AI play against itself and I'd use it as a screensaver. Is there any way to make the game play against itself? I wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to set both teams to AI control. I realise that this was probably well down on the list of features to be included, but it seems to me that it wouldn't have been that hard to program. In fact it seems to me that it probably took more programming to DISallow it.

Also, I noticed palm trees in the Trent Bridge stadium. Are there really palm trees growing in Nottingham, or is this just the game's generic stadium?

Finally, the old BLC allowed the player to set the AI to bowl and/or field for him. Is that not featured in the new BLC? I found it a nice intro to the game to have the AI do the fielding, at least until one got the hang of batting.

These are by no means essential things that I need to enjoy the game, but I do feel that some things are missing that made the original BLC more enjoyable for me.