• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young Guns

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Thought it would be over the top to make a thread purely about J Hildreth from Somerset, so I thought if there are any other players (that aren't youth) that are absolute superstars this could be the place to mention it.

As I was saying, Hildreth is an absolute star, couldn't believe how well he played week in week out for me...as I'm not an Englishman, I'd be interested to know if he really is that good a player or if he has been sleeping with the ICC database people.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
He's gonna play for England.

Hit a double century for the Under 21's last year.

Great talent.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
He's gonna play for England.

Hit a double century for the Under 21's last year.

Great talent.
Plus forty-odd against the Aussies at Taunton in the match against Somerset.

Kwek: Milton Keynes...*shudders*

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Milton Keynes :O horrible place..though the bowl is cool :) (ooh memories oasis concert

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sean ervine is also very good on icc, averages about 52 for me in FC, and hes a kolpak player so never gets called up, perfect county player :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hildreth is ok imo, saw him hit that double century last year, but perhaps a little overated....who knows, give him at least one more season or two before judging him, looks like he has the talent, just needs to perform.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I remember in the original ICC, Michael May was going to be a star.

:lol:

And they always brought Illot back straight away, and he'd average about 25 in Test cricket 8-) Likely story :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
alan mullaly got called up for the 5th ashes test on my game :p, and then retired straight after.

butterfingers

Cricket Spectator
For Warwackshire there's a very promising seamer called Naqqish Tahir.In the coaching sessions just give him loads of bowling technique.I called him into my side in the middle of my first season and he hasn't really been out since.He took 40 wickets at an average of 23.41 and he can bat having a top score of 85.Sometimes he's in the out of contract domestic players at the beginning of the new season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
I remember in the original ICC, Michael May was going to be a star.

:lol:

And they always brought Illot back straight away, and he'd average about 25 in Test cricket 8-) Likely story :p
ahhh the good old days

It's the same way ICC 2005 is in love with Troughton

Last edited: