• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

county level against aussies...

wheelnut

Cricket Spectator
I am playing the aussies at county level and in test matches I just cant bowl them out...tried everything... Hayden got 300 and Langer 181! Eventually all out 690.

I have tried swing...miss the bat loads of time but no edge.

I have tried spin but they always hit poor old Ashley for 4!

Tried seam but ball does not deviate much.

Tried stopping all runs but they are quite happy just hit the odd single.

Conversly I was all out 121!

Tips please (especially bowling)!

govaner

Cricket Spectator
try put an nin swinger at langer legs that always works and for darren lehmann for the rest jst vary ure length short wide and they should eventually nick 1

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I just bowled them out for 65 on test mode :)
I find line and length to be the key. A few going away then nip one back. Throw in the odd yorker and slower ball; try and hit them with a bouncer if their confidence gets too high. Be prepared to set attacking fields and let them have a few runs if it means they will play their shots and have more chance of edging it.

govaner

Cricket Spectator
do u not find bowling easier in test mode becuase i hav so far and the batting is impossible against the quiks

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Yeah, we've got a good batting tips thread going at the moment. Seems to be all about blocking anything on the stumps and hitting the wider ones. Variation in pace is what makes it so hard though. C2k5 you won't get out but you can't score: BLIC you can still play scoring shots but it's very easy to lose your wicket.

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
wheelnut said:
I am playing the aussies at county level and in test matches I just cant bowl them out...tried everything... Hayden got 300 and Langer 181! Eventually all out 690.

i have only win from them in limited over matches and because of batting.my bowling is very poor

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Well I just finished the Super Series Test, World XI vs Australia and bowled them out twice for under 100 on test mode :)
It just takes practice and consistency. My bowling is much better than my batting as you can see...

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
barmyarmy said:
Yeah, we've got a good batting tips thread going at the moment. Seems to be all about blocking anything on the stumps and hitting the wider ones. Variation in pace is what makes it so hard though. C2k5 you won't get out but you can't score: BLIC you can still play scoring shots but it's very easy to lose your wicket.
I will agree with u wat u have said about BLIC.i haven't played C2k5

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
in batting i try to hit with timing.In test matches try to take singles.hit mostlyinto areas where there are gaps so the chances of getting caught are not that much(until u get a fleshy fruit).most of the times while you r batting,you get deliveries that you think u can hit.note the areas and speed where you can hit.

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
wheelnut said:

l-o-l

this game sounds fun hahah

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I find that yorkers are my main way of getting wickets in test matches. I start off bowling two or three an over, and if the batsman's confidence gets too high? Hit the batsman. Then re-try bowling yorkers.

Using this technique, I can usually bowl Australia out for around 150.

I find that good length deliveries aren't as effective on county level because the computer has no intent on attacking them, and just playes a regular defensive shot, which in turn ups his confidence.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hazza said:
If the batsman's confidence gets too high? Hit the batsman
Wasn't that the way the Windies always did it? :)

I've just bowled out the WI on Test level for 16 courtesy of Steve Harmison - length balls, swing, cut, variation, yorkers. Gotta work for it. Most satisfying effort was Flintoff taking 4-76 against the Northern Hemisphere XI, all caught slip or keeper through variations of swing.