• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My review of BLIC

dirtyhippy

Cricket Spectator
I got this game today for PS2 so might still have some horrible suprises -- -- --

When I got this game I first went into the nets where I batted for about 2 minutes before realising it was pointless and then spent the next 5 minutes trying to figure out how I could practice bowling but then gave in.

I then decided to play a 20 Over game as England against Bangladesh... in slog mode.... so after 7 Overs England were in bat chasing Bangladesh's amazing total of 38 :-O !
My point here is that you may as well not bother on Slog Mode, go on to at least Village but I'd start at County.

A good point for this game is that its all very simple to get the hang of although it is quite dissapointing that as far as I know you can only throw into the Wicket Keeper which means you miss quite a few run outs.

I was also quite dissapointed at the lack of real player names (you only get these in the ICC tournaments) and also that for some reason when your playing in ICC Tournaments for England you have no Strauss or Pieterson but instead Hussain :huh:

Bowling is good as there is such a variety between the bowlers unlike in the last cricket game I played when you could play as Giles and Flintoff and barely tell the difference.
Another great feature is things like the video umpire and Hawk Eye which shows you wether the Umpires LBW decision was right etc etc

The AI for computer batsmen is quite poor as they seem very reluctant to run even when there is an easy run, this game is therefor better suited to Test Games than ODI's
The Double Wicket tournaments a good laugh

Havent embarked on Career players and im not sure yet wether you can actually create a brand new team

Graphics are good but a little cartoony

p.s.

Does anyone know where I can get the full list of Player Names to edit for PS2?

rockymazza

Cricket Spectator
I agree with you that in 20 over match the batters of the CPU do not really bat with a sense of urgency which is unrealistic and they seem to bat as if they have another 5 days. Bowling is great. However Test matches can work well however on county mode there is a field that stops nearly every run if you use it. I think that a two player game will be very enjoyable, Test or one dayer as it is one human against another which is always interesting. The CPU so far to me seems poor at batting most of the time, I have not played on Test level but the CPU does seem so far not really very good at batting but can be good sometimes at bowling. I like the speed of the game as you can get through overs quickly. This may not be like real cricket which takes it time but this is a game and you dont want to be waiting ages for the next bowl as you will get bored. The player names dont bother me as Im a massive fan of Pro evo and the names are wrong. All you got to is change them. Maybe it could have improved, especially A.I of the CPU batters but overall it does seem a pretty good game and Im sure most people should enjoy it as its the best cricket game out so I prefer to get the positives out of the game and forget about the negatives. There are always problems in games but im sure that if there is another installment of this game it will be better and most problems sorted. But for now, There is still plenty to do and fun to have on this game.

Last edited:

knightscc

Cricket Spectator
I received my copy two days ago. and I put in about 5 hours of gaming into it, testing various options available. I play at a high resolution, and the graphics are decent. So far, I have found that playing the game at TEST level and playing a test match, brings out the beauty of this game. Apart from that, there are niggling issues with the game that are slowly turning out to be tiresome.
Positives:
Test matches are fantastic. I played an OZ v India game, and Langer and Hayden scored 217 before Hayden fell for 147 (post tea session). Its amazing how the confidence of the batsman falls when they are in the 90's..I had Langer holed up on 96 for 6 overs, when I finally trapped him LBW. Hayden, as is his nature, clubbed a six to get to his 100 :p
Ponting lasted 16 deliveries before I got him LBW. Lehmann came and lasted 5 balls and was caught in the slips (2nd new ball)..then, Clarke and Martyn stymied me for 15 overs. In all, although I liked the fact that the conditions are beautifully rendered into the gameplay, I did not like the idea of not being able to save and come back to the match later. So, I quit the game to tend to my 4 yr old. But, I know how to bowl better and what kinda fields to set. The ODI's are ok..that's me since I like Test matches better.
-Graphics are good.
-Commentary is ok..atleast they talk about something else
-Bowling in this game is just too much FUN!
-Batting is hard- esp. to the genuine quicks and realistic enough to keep me interested on TEST level.

Negatives:
-No Autoplay (oft heard complaint) - for me, its a huge negative since I cannot spare hours on end to this game.
-Saving is kinda fuzzy..never really figured it out..hopefully this weekend.
-Charging the bowler option not available
-Fielders only seem to throw to the keeper
-CPU is a bad chaser, and AI seems a bit dodgy.

Hopefully, after a few more hours on this game, I can convert some of the negatives into positives..so far so good..but it ain't no International Cricket Captain in terms of replay value. (I know, two different genres of cricket games)
-G

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well as I can't play the game due to it crashing, I have no idea how bad these negatives are. Has anyone got any ideas to stop my game crashing?