• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SLA bowlers question

Graham

3rd Umpire
Do they normally bowl from the left of the stumps or from the right of the stumps to a right handed batsman?

Graham

3rd Umpire
If a SLA bowls from the left side of the stumps to a right handed batsman, then he'd bowl from the right side of the stumps to a left handed batsman then?

Graham

3rd Umpire
LOL

So a SLA breaks all the conventions really because he bowls from the same side of the stumps as an offie.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Graham said:
LOL

So a SLA breaks all the conventions really because he bowls from the same side of the stumps as an offie.
I should clear this up: Mine does. But I'm not sure about the rest of them, sorry.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Dan Vettori bowls with a straight run up on both sides of the wicket, you can do your back in bowling with an angled run up, its why Gough got injured so much

Shoaib

Banned
I've noticed that SLA bowlers take much more wickets while bowling a right handed batsman while bowling from right side of the stumps.